7/8/05

This Is The Usual Friday Post With A Little Twist

Shoutout to Victor, condolences for everybody affected by the London Attack, and eggnog in the face of the guilty parties.

LADDER: Payday!

LADDER: Paying for the Alba Fantastic 4 poster to help bolster my Jessica corner, and being able to get Passion Is A Fashion, a Clash biography for only $10.50 off eBay.

LADDER: The weather, which is why we suffer exorbitant prices.

SNAKE: The mercurial nature of my modem out of nowhere today.

LADDER: Next week's the motherfucking Con! List of people I hope to interact with (ranging from meet and give props to saw off own arm for a no-holds-barred one-night stand): Iyari Limon (it's becoming a tradition), Jerry O'Connell, Christine Taylor, Lucy Lawless, John Kricfalusi, Greg "the Hammer" Valentine, Charisma Carpenter, Natalie Portman, Stan Lee, Seth Green, John Landis (going for the repeat), John Favreau (especially given the trip to Vegas next month), Grace Park, David Boreanaz (maybe Jaime Bergman?), Amber Benson, Kevin Smith, Joss Whedon, Nicholas Brendon, Kate Beckinsale, Eva Mendes, Matt Groening, Michelle Rodriguez, Summer Altice, Rachel Sterling, Tenacious D, and Carla Gugino.

Keep in mind this is just who's advertised to show up.

SNAKE: The Portman announcement--this is akin to having a religious revival in the LA Coliseum and mentioning Jesus is going to swing by for Q & A. If I don't come back alive, you know why: I stood between 90,000 nerds and their goddess.

LADDER: I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about Natalie recording The Voicemail Message on the cell I named after her. Plus, I gotta figure meeting Natalie Portman is like playing with pocket aces all the time--how many times have I pissed off poor Dupin with "Everybody's who's hugged Ms. Calendar put their hand up. Hey, it's just me! I guess you need to shut the fuck up, then!"

LADDER: Fantastic 4's out today! Will it suck? Do I give a rat's sweet ass? Oh, that reminds me...

SNAKE: Leno...

LADDER: ...interviewing Jessica. Jessica actually copping to her jealousy and absolute willingness to scrap over her man, including the old punch in the hand...if she hadn't broken the scale, that would have broken the scale. It was either cute in a frightening way or frightening in a cute way.

LADDER: By putting my right hand up and applying constant pressure to the mute I barely heard from the fat-chinned eunuch.

LADDER: Jennifer Tilly winning a women's event at the WSOP. Was it because I took the pictures of her last year? Who can say? Well, me. Sure, some people will try and tell you it's her boyfriend the Unabomber, but ask QT how Kill Bill did after I wished him good luck in '03. Not only do I got the magic stick, I'm a magic charm.

LADDER: Londonites, for their well-that-sucked-back-to-work-on-Monday attitude. I hate to sound glib and flip about this (outside of my 'pocket sevens are going to get called the London Attack in poker within the next year' comment last night) but it almost seems like they're fully prepared to handle something like this.

LADDER: VEGAS, BABY! Oh, I know it's like five and a half weeks away. But you swing a deal like Aaron, Ivan and I swung, and then have a week off with nothing but time on your hands and the daydreams are just wheat ready to be reaped or whatever the fuck it is one does with wheat. I feel like Red crossing the border to that Mexican town where Andy was working on the boat. I hope I can make it into the Grand, and shake the concierge's hand with a 10 in mine. I hope the pool at the Hard Rock is as full of morally decrepit babes looking for someone to fling around as it has been in my dreams. I hope...

SNAKE: I'm thirsty.

LADDER: Mmm...Pepsi.

SNAKE: I haven't played poker in entirely too fucking long. Epecially emboldended by Ms. Tilly's success and the trip, I need to rectify this and the sooner the better.

LADDER: Grandmaster Flash coming to town...

SNAKE: ...on the first night of Comic-Con. Decisions!

Current music: "Electric Avenue" by Eddy Grant

4 comments:

Cindylover1969 said...

I was fortunate enough not to be directly affected by the bombings (which might explain why it was so easy for a lot of people to get back to normal, media coverage notwithstanding). I'm not convinced it would have been so easy had it been something like September 11th or World War II...

On an entirely different note, I have yet another reason to hate ntl. Constant cable screwups meant I missed Jessica on Leno on Friday (tape delay screening on CNBC Europe); so what if she's getting poor reviews? It's not the first time - remember Television Without Pity saying the flying bird at the end of Dark Angel symbolised her chances of getting another acting job?

Matt said...

>You'll stand between 90,000 nerds and their goddess?

Well, it's sort of his job. And it's not as if he's standing between them to keep them from her. He just has to let them in. He's probably worried about a second Running of the Bulls breaking out.

Anonymous said...

Zihuatanejo...-Aaron

Daniel Womack said...

Comic-Con...Saturday we'll be there. If you were working and a friend walked up to you at work what is the WORST thing he/she could do and/or say? The best?

We'll find you. Oh yes...we will find you. AND we will ask where the cheerleading competition is.