7/23/05

Chutes And Ladders

The first south poker night was a pretty good success, full of quips and Krispy Kremes. I lost about $15 in three hands--my first $10 in the first two hands--but other than that, played the way I wanted to play. I think the inital $10 was just figuring out style. In the end I ended up down $7, turning a profit on my buy-back.

Joanna, on the other hand, quadrupled her original $10 and THEN some, and is banned from all future poker nights. Her, and her children, and her children's children! (For six months.)

This post brought to you BAH: "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?" by Paula Cole

2 comments:

Daniel Womack said...

Got myself an education tonight. Lesson one: Never play poker with someone who knows just how and where to cut you and does this on a professional basis.
Lesson two: Wait for the person before you to go before making a move. It took like 4-5 times to learn this but I eventually got it down. Thanks to all for being so damn patient with me. I sense myself not being invited back...but then again I lost all my money which means someone might not mind having me back.
Thanks to Aaron for the patience and tips. Still have oh so much to learn. Others will enjoy counting my money in the meantime...thanks to all.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, you did fine. I'm the one they are going to never allow withen the site of their money ever again.

Chickens.