8/26/04

Plus Nobody I Know Got Killed In South Central L.A....

  • Despite being off for a whole week, got up 10 MINUTES AHEAD of the alarm.
  • Only had a six-hour shift, and the church people present weren't overly preachy.
  • Got to stun and amaze fellow coworkers with my Saturday night story, which due to Watergate memory loss as a result of all the fun I don't think I can write about fully. I will hit the highpoints: best club in town, bachelorette party, and 14 beers in two hours.
  • Got a certificate of appreciation for $50 from The Man for free groceries! I smell Homer Simpson Night III!
  • Found a place where not only you can cook your own meat but hot babes will be there wearing all black. And just scored a free entree from them, with a one-day advance ticket purchase to Street Scene '04.
  • ON TOP OF the free meal where you can see a bigger-breasted Natalie Portman in stockings (and sweet pappy johnson with an erection am I looking forward to THAT), I will be seeing the following artists tomorrow: the Black Eyed Peas (is a I PAID TO SEE FERGIE'S ABS sign inappropriate?), the reunited A Tribe Called Quest in their ONLY West Coast appearance (WHO ARE YOU TO DOUBT KHALID GREENE'S #1 CHOICE?!) and, oh, yes, some little indy guy from the south called Ludacris who may make something of himself yet.
  • And the Old 97's are coming to town.

Can I get a HELL YEAH from the congregation?!

Ambient music: Mos Def - Close Edge (from Chappelle's Show)

1 comment:

Daniel Womack said...

Damn...fun, fun, and more fun!

That makes me almost wish I still drank alchy-hol.

Think I'll have to add Garden State to the Netflix rotation when it's available...not a theater person as much as I used to be...if only because there's so few movies that I really want to pay $10 to go see. That may pleasantly surprise me like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind did.

Oh and check the email buster.