10/21/05

AvB: the Original Friday Barometer

ALBA: Cold soda, Pringles.

BUSH: Had to buy new headphones. I think I've had like 3 portable music modules and something like 37,322 pairs of headphones. I don't know why the modules last for two year clips and the headphones die within the month.

ALBA: Really clear headphones, at least--the bass on the Coldcut remix on "Paid In Full" sounded precise, booming, loud.

BUSH: Nothing worse than going to the laundromat on your off Friday and folding your brother's clothes.

BUSH: Until the moment the fucking Titanic song comes on.

ALBA: Good thing I had that best of Marilyn Manson CD in the player...something told me I was going to need that as I headed out of the house...

BUSH: Missing the Bill Simmons book signing tonight. If it was downtown, I would've gone. He originally said it was, but it's actually in Mission Valley; much farther away and keeping me from the thing I'm actually doing tonight...

ALBA: ...rooting on Aaron's softball team. I am sure with me in attendance, they'll actually win.

ALBA: I'm glad to hear he had a metric shitload (technical term) of fun with his 23 party at the V-Bury. I mean, I had fun, but I was surrounded by Regulation Hotties at every turn, drunk off my ass, and high. (Stop judging me with your eyes! Don't tell me how to party--I don't go down to your sister's corner and slap the dick out of her mouth, do I?!) But apparently the attendance was more than he'd hoped, and everything went well. Very, very glad. To quote the best band that never was, I did everything for him at that party except get him laid.

ALBA: Souped-up Office Space DVD out on the day after Halloween. Discount candy, Drew from Accounting. Good day.

ALBA: Coming up with character outlines for the protagonists in the NaNoWriMo novel. I'm sure at some point next month I'll look back on this comment and ruefully chuckle, but I really feel this is a solid foundation for me to "win" this year and not crap out after a few thousand words.

ALBA: Halloween party options for next Friday. And Saturday. And Sunday. And Halloween itself, if I want to get my full-on balling-out-of-control on at On Broadway. Plus, the Vivianbury might have a Hallow's Eve party. I promise to attend no more than 3 of these events. Girls dress up like sluts, loud music, candy--dear God, Pagans rule!

ALBA: Patrick Fitzgerald. I have a man crush on him. He's going to pull Presodent Squinty's heart out through his ass at some point in the next 168 hours. I will be watching on TV, chugging freely from a bottle of grappa, and dancing to the Clash's immortal cover of "I Fought The Law". Leave it to Bush to piss off a guy who graduated top 10 in Harvard Law, who went after the Gambinos in Chicago, started focusing on terrorists after the original WTC attacks in '93, started naming Osama as someone needed to be stopped in 96, who's last decade and a half has focused on intelligence overseas, and who actually can't be bought. Bye, Bye, Rovey! Bye, bye, Judy! Bye, bye, Dickie! Hope all is well, kiss the plantiff and the wifey!

ALBA: If apperances can be believed, my brother's dating a Latina girl. How sad for my mom, I finally get a black chick she might be able to tolerate and now Quay's going to pull this on her. It makes me smile.

ALBA: Gabrielle Union in the new Maxim. I saw her on Conan last night and was stunned to find out she's from Omaha. Say it with me now: they let black people in Nebraska? Since when?

BUSH: I'm missing a pair of jeans, putting my current count at...1. Hmph.

This post is brought to you BAH: "Light Your Ass On Fire" by Busta feat. Pharrell

2 comments:

Johnny B said...

(Stop judging me with your eyes! Don't tell me how to party--I don't go down to your sister's corner and slap the dick out of her mouth, do I?!)

"...'cause that's what you DO at a party: You get too high, you get too drunk, you stay too fuckin' long! THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT A PARTY!!!!"

-Sam Kinison

Matt said...

"Say it with me now: they let black people in Nebraska? Since when?"

I know right. They don't even play on the football team anymore. The last black guy to play at Nebraska was Jammal Lord and he sucked.