6/24/05

Oh, Yeah, Throw Your Love And Hate In The Air Like You Don't Care

LOVE: The 1st Annual Rick James Memorial Summer Jam is less than 24 hours away, and I'm fucking stoked. Outside of Amanda & Nate (damn Berkeley people, breaking my heart...) I am of the belief 90% of my friends are in. You couple it in with Aaron's friends--especially the hot ones--a bunch of carne asada y pollo, and this is going to be a parTAY of epic proportion.

And yes, I'll take pictures and throw 'em up so y'all see how a brother livin'.

LOVE: Just in time for the 1ARJMSJ, the June Gloom has finally died off--mid 70's, cloud-dotted sunny weather. This is why we suffer through extravagantly high prices and we're finally gettting a return on the investment. Plus, I need to work on my tan.

LOVE: Fuck that bar with peanuts, it's PayDay! Paid off the bills, about to pay off the rent, and still got enough to live the kind of life I like to live. Good times, good times.

LOVE: Went to Fumari last night and dropped a new top 5 on her: uses of real music in the movies. My list? Billie Holliday's "As Time Goes By", Casablanca; Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild", Easy Rider; the Beatles' "Twist & Shout", Ferris Bueller's Day Off; and the co-#1s: Otis Redding's "Shout" as covered by Otis "My Man" Day & the Knights, Animal House; and, of fucking course, Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes", Say Anything.

I mean, I had to bump the piano solo from "Layla" in Goodfellas and "Stuck In The Middle With You" from Reservoir Dogs, to say nothing of the pain brought on from not having "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" in Office Space, but fuck it--I'll put that top 5 against ANYBODY'S.

LOVE: Liz agreeing with me with the #1s, and not laughing when I admitted to her I cried at the end of Say Anything. I'm secure enough in my masculinity to say that. And if it didn't at least occur to you, get the hell off my friend list. She's also a Cusack fan, which is why I think she appreciates the High Fidelity game.

LOVE: When Ivan & I went to place our order last night, Liz was wearing a low-cut tank top and we both had a psychic moment where we thought of the exact same line from the "Mad Real World" sketch. I said, "We're thinking the exact same thing and we don't even need to say what it is, aren't we?" He said "Yeah" and we both cracked up. That's got beer commercial written all over it.

LOVE: So, picked up the new Rolling Stone.

HATE: I should've picked up two copies.

I'm KIDDING!

...or am I?!

LOVE: I'm the Hurricane's friend on MySpace. Hurricane's on RAW, so if anybody would have Trish's cell number or know somebody who would...

LOVE: The InsomNBA Finals are finally over. I'm sorry, a good game 5 and a good game 7 (and hey, if you can't show up for a GAME FUCKING 7, go play in traffic) don't make this a classic series. The old Bulls, Lakers, and he admits choking back the bile at the back of his throat 60s and 80s Celtics would kill the Spurs. Even with sneaking looks at Eva Longoria.

HATE: My stupid itching beard.

LOVE: I'm dropping it tomorrow to look more Rick-like. Rickian? Rickesque?

I cannot think of anything else that is either relevant or true...

Current music: "Let Me Ride" by Dr. Dre

1 comment:

Johnny B said...

You and your parties. :(

Well, have a drink or five for me.