6/12/05

Five Easy Pieces

ONE: She looked really cute in a way that elevated her to hot.
I had on a good pair of jeans but a polo shirt, too. For a guy on an early date, especially the first one, there's always the problem of looking like you care but not appearing to be desperate. So it's about 10 minutes away, and she's wearing a blue sundress with what're-they-called...pointsettias! and a little white sweater over the top. The nerves begin to kick in with some amplifiers now.

TWO: She's courageous. At least with food choices.
She got a pasta dish with pieces of fried calamari in it! I was blown away, as I fear certain seafood objects and that's one of them. Not only that, she offered me some of it, leading to the following exchange.

"No way, I'm not touching that."
"Why, you scared?"
"Yeah, I'm scared. That's how they get you, and then you lean in to eat, (miming a strangulation)"
"But it's fried!"
"Oh, that's what they'll tell you..."

THREE: She kept up in conversation with me, even when we disagreed.
But I'm totally right about this : all Molly Ringwald had to do was pick Duckie in Pretty In Pink and she'd be polishing Oscars right now. It was a lot about our lives, some music (mostly hip-hop), some religion, and in my favorite portion of the evening chat-wise, how Sophia was stupid, evil, crazy, and a man-hating dyke. Well, maybe not all of that, but even so it was pretty cathartic. So if I lose her it won't be over that.

FOUR: She is an appreciator of fine taste.
After originally wondering why we had to get to the restaurant when it opened up, her reaction to her plate after the first forkful in the packed house? "You seem like a nice guy and everything, but I'm leaving you for linguini and dead squid." Plus, she's into me, so there you go.

FIVE: She might not know if you kiss someone within an hour of eating said dish, you will still taste a little bit like the dish.
At least I know now.

I really like Rebecca. I mean, before, I just wanted to get with her, but now...well, we'll have to see.

But if I hads my druthers...

Current music: "Army" by Ben Folds Five

2 comments:

Daniel Womack said...

Wait. Allow me my queer eye moment. A blue dress with those red christmas flowers? Don't you mean paislies or poppies, daisy, roses...ANYTHING but RED pointsettias on a Blue dress! UGH. Well she certainly picked a wonderful dish.

Oh yeah and a great guy as well. If she doesn't give you a bit of the what-now at least she's got herself a great friend...if said great guy decides not to kick her pretty calamari chomping ass to the curb.

Butch Rosser said...

It was, in her defense, powder blue.