6/12/05

A DJ Plays "Just A Friend", Just A Friend Rises From The Grave, And Grave Misgivings Come True (Welcome to My Saturday)

I say yesterday if I show up dressed for the club they'll let me go early. If I don't I can assume they'll make me work my whole shift.

And for day one of my "third year", I got off two hours early for the first time. Instead of hopping across the street and joining things in media res I was doomed horribly. OK, not true, but it was a slight pain in the ass.

The oddness was only beginning.

I meant to get something substantial in my system but ended up reading a book about Coldplay at Borders. Then at the club I felt odd macking girls considering I am now under 12 hours away from my date with Rebecca. Got loose, went to Fumari. Liz, bless her, picked up the top 5 conversation right where we left off after I begged forgiveness and to replace P-Funk with Nirvana.

So just when I think the apex of oddity is reached, a group of three girls sidles in next to me, two of whom I haven't seen before and one of whom I haven't seen in months--Mary, who with glasses and darker, longer hair looks different than she was in an oddly fetching sort of Norah Jonesy way.

Talked to her, and now things are written are my arm, one of which is a message to the date and the one of which I can read is FUCKING REMEMBER THIS MARY WAS HERE.

The sobriety being an issue, and all.

Gotta get together with her; maybe invite her to the RJ Memorial Summer Jam. At least the next bowling get together.

Hey, seeing as I want to be moving in 10 hours towards Rebecca, maybe I want to use that vast interval of time for SLEEP, hm?!

Current music: "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

No comments: