6/10/05

Hate It Or Love It, This Friday Post Is On Top (as of this writing)

HATE: Adult responsibility. Back when I was 6, if I'd gotten 3g I would've thought I was a millionaire. At 16, I knew I could've had a fun night with my people. Now I see it and I start deducing cell bills and rent and checking charges and blah.

LOVE: Even with adult responsibility, there's still enough cash for me to be irresponsible with.

LOVE: That evil bastard Monty Burns got something right: there really is nothing like a good sit.

LOVE: Keeping the creditors from taking my pissant shit.

HATE: One of my bosses' hair-trigger temper has actually gotten worse. I don't know if it's really the slight violations I'm sort of doing or the rumor her twice her age boyfriend bounced her, but the "I'm paying you no attention and just nodding my head to mask my contempt for you" thing doesn't seem to be getting the point across.

LOVE: Picking up X&Y.

LOVE:
"Fix You", which may be the best thing Coldplay's ever done. No, I didn't forget "Trouble", "Amsterdam", or "The Scientist".

HATE: They lead off with "Speed Of Sound", which is a fine enough song and all, but I am just utterly filled with resentment that "Fix You" didn't kick everybody's ass right out the starting gate. Why? WHY!?

HATE: Corrupted downloads of "Feel Good Inc." and Common's "Go".

LOVE: Paul Anka's covers, even if the whole CD was too expensive.

LOVE: The Swingers DVD, if only to fast forward through The Most Awkward Scene In Movie History. (That's not only, I got it for $7.50. But even so.)

LOVE: The first date Sunday.

HATE: The first date Sunday.

HATE: The voice who reminded me right before I went to sleep last night regarding the top 5 convo with Liz that I had omitted Run-DMC.

LOVE: What will be, once the appropriate measure of fame and looks is met at the Con, the best Answering Machine Message of All-Time: Hi, I'm ________. You may recognize me from (x), (y), and (z). Listen, if you called --my number-- hoping to talk to Butch, bad news. He's tied up at the moment. Well, that's not entirely true--it's more like he's cuffed up and not going anywhere until I'm done having my way with him. Ain't that right, baby? Anyway, I promise if you do the usual, once he gets his strength back he'll call you. Okay? Okay. Now...where'd I put that banana..."

LOVE: This post reminding me to kick off some invites for the the Summer Jam in a fortnight.

Ambient music: "It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) (unplugged) " by R.E.M.

No comments: