7/14/04

DADDY NEEDS A CALMATIVE

To quote NASA after Neil Armstrong touched down on the lunar surface for the first time in August 1969: holy SHIT.

7/24/03
2:00-3:00
Dimension Films: Sin City

Comic-Con attendees will be treated to an exclusive panel on Sin City, a feature film based on the series of comic books and graphic novels created, written, and illustrated by Frank Miller. Sin City is a series of stories of vengeance and redemption set in the grimiest, toughest city in the world. The film will incorporate storylines from three of Miller’s graphic novels including Sin City, which launched the long-running, critically acclaimed series as well as That Yellow Bastard and The Big Fat Kill. Confirmed guests include Frank Miller, director Robert Rodriguez, and cast members Jessica Alba, Jamie King and Rosario Dawson.

If I meet Jessica Alba, it's OVER. You understand me? O V E R. I don't know if I mean my heart or the best part of my life but oh vee ay heche O V A H. Maybe I need to get back into praying...

Ambient music: Madness' "One Step Beyond"

5 comments:

Michael said...

I've never read Sin City, oddly enough, but I don't think any (non-painted) comic book's art has impressed me as much in the last 10 years as the style and design in Sin City, and if they can capture any of that for the film, it'll at least be visually worthwhile. I hear the stories are the shiznitobamslipslapsally though.

And Jessica Alba- nice. Don't pull a Ron Burgundy and wear the optical illusion pants, man. Someone knows what I'm, saying.

Matt said...

I think you want to say "complete" instead of "over", right?

Johnny B said...

Oh MAN.

Frank Miller AND Jessica Alba.

The gods smile upon you, young man.

Anonymous said...

So does this mean I will be seeing you at the Con dear friend? I have my four day pass waiting for me when I arrive......
-Joanna

Butch Rosser said...

Matt: I think you're right.

Mojo Jojo: Yeah, I'm working the duration. We'll see...