7/24/04

Biggest Con of th3m All

To answer the big question: no Alba.  She was mechalate.

So to the rest of it, and I'll try to go in order so as not to vex my brain much.


  • Bought my friend Amanda her birthday gifts.  It's about as much fun as she'll be able to have without two double-A batteries whoo hoo hoo SNAP.  Seriously, I got her a couple nice rarities and hopefully Mouse Ears doesn't get her for it.
  • For myself I got a Sopranos-parody Simpons poster for four bucks.  I got a couple other things too, but I'll decide which one I'm keeping and what I'm not.
  • Allison Mack?  LUDICROUSLY hotter in person.  Damn you, Smallville.  Get this woman a Maxim shoot, STAT.
  • Ran into three friends I hadn't seen since I can't even remember when in about the course of an hour.  Found out another one's in town.  Diane's in trouble.  Straight.  How dare she come back from Italy without dialing her #1 lover man in her postal district.
  • And now, a moment at work that can only happen at Comic-Con:

Me: [looks at people]

Me: [looks at pretty girl for a second]

Outside: [looks nice]

Me: [looks outside]

Escalator: [ejects temporarily lost John Landis]

Me: HOLY FREAKIN SHNIT!

And his wife goes, "That's not a nice thing to say," but then I explain a)No, I kept my work on and didn't actually curse, and, oh, yes,  the man directed The Blues Brothers, American Werewolf In London, Trading Places, Coming To America and a little flick called ANIMAL HOUSE so it was meant as a sign of respect above all else.  So I help them, and get his Hancock. 

Me: (sotto voice) Holy fucking shit.

  • After getting most of the Buffy midcard yesterday, I came back for Iyari Limon, who played Kennedy in Season 7.  Willow's girl.  Met her last year during my break and she was cool folk who smelled like tangerines.  Not only that, but it gave me a GREAT thing to lord over Dupin.   So I figured, I got everybody else yesterday and Danny again, why not her?  Go over on my lunch break, and Robia (Mrs. Calendar) recognizes me and waves.  I don't need 50 to tell me I'm a motherfucking P.I.M.P.  Did I mention http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/tshirt.php?sku=a318 that's the shirt I'm wearing underneath my work gear?  So, after the part where she recognizes me and remembers from last year and signs this year's program, I go for the picture and do the Superman reveal.  "Now's the surprise," I say.   So I pop it open and everyone in line cracks up, so she leans over (I'm on her right) to see it and cracks up.    And then she touched me right below the bow.  (That SOUNDS dirty but see the picture)  So we're both pointing to the tag and the girl who helped me went "Oh, no, I pushed it twice."  Me: Oh, no.  Twice.  How terrible.  Iyari also very impressed with the digicam.  In short, I don't know what you heard about me. 
  • Also, in a sidenote to a Mr. Dupin...hold on, let me turn on my Winamp...hey, Kurt Angle's entrance theme!  Well, what the hey. YOU SUCK!  YOU SUCK!  YOU SUCK!  YOU SUCK!  And yes, I am sticking my tongue out at you.  Last year, hugging.  This year, groping.  Next year I best brings some Gatorade.   On the other hand, I will be sending you a Christmas card this year.  LOSER!
  • Best costume of the night: the guy cross-dressing like Marge Simpson
  • Irulan & Alton from the Real World: good folks.

So that was today.  Tomorrow's Kids Day and outside of Joss Whedon and Jennifer Tilly there's not much for me to get psyched up for outside the possibility Madsen MIGHT show.  And then, after that, a week off, quality time with old friends, and of course the Butch-eye view from CC04 so the pics can hit the web.

Be there.  Aloha.

Ambient music: Linkin Park's "Faint"


1 comment:

Johnny B said...

Now THAT is gangsta.