7/22/04

the Biggest Con of Them All

What's about 85,000 deep, running over with freaks, eight blocks long, three floors deep, and ready to get down all night long?

You guessed it--the line behind Paris Hilton.  ha ha ha SNAP.

Nope, it's the annual Comic Con.  Every July we host the digerati and let the freak flag fly over head as the normally staid and boring SDCC gets overrun with hobbitses, wizards, artisians, and every so often, a girl or two.  (Most thought lyrics during the day: All you Trekkies and TV addicts/don't mean to diss don't mean to bring static/all you Klingons living in your grandma's house/grab your backstreet friend and get loud)

People who read the-then ASCTR at this time last year know it is my favorite convention to come by during the course of a year.  I'd rather be continually amused than drifting off to Byzantium and at the most boring times, you can watch the Storm Troopers or Ghostbusters getting interviewed by a local female news anchor whose off-camera face clearly says "I obviously need to work on giving better head."

During more intensive moments, you're too busy to worry about how slow time is going, and sometimes you even manage to get a little flirt on.

And, every so often, you get to see, meet, get an autograph from, and a picture with Kitana Baker.  So that was a fun highlight today.  Worked a little overtime, which I'm fine with because I'm off next week.  But, c'mon, how often do you get a Playmate just walking up to your door at work?  Got to looooooooove the ComicCon.  Kinda sad I missed "Bubba Ho-Tep" in a community environment, though.

Tomorrow on the Heath Ledger, Keanu Reeves is showing up.  In news that matters to ME and ergo you, Iyari Limon's coming back, Michael "Thanks, I Can Never Listen To Stealers Wheel Again" Madsen's due to pop in, Jessica Biel, and what I am sure to be a sign of reciprocation after getting royally assfucked on this front a year ago, ELIZA DUSHKU.

Have I mentioned Jessica Alba's coming Saturday?  Once or twice?  HM?  'Cause she is.

I'm so tempted to hang around after my shift ends tomorrow night and see if I see any Harley Quinns or Frodos dancing in the clubs...

Ambient music: Weezer's "Say It Ain't So"

2 comments:

Michael said...

I fully intend to attend at least one Comicon in my life, because those look like a lot of nerdy fun.

Today I post here because you write, and you should try writing a short story for Francis Ford Coppola's Zoetrope magazine. Everything published has the motion picture rights bought, so that's a plus. Specifically I'm talking about the "All Story" fiction contest, which has an October 1st deadline.

http://www.all-story.com/submissions.cgi

Could win a $1000 if you win the big one. Plus, if you meet Coppola, that's a pretty good opening line should you ever meet Alba or Dushku in person, right?

Johnny B said...

"And, every so often, you get to see, meet, get an autograph from, and a picture with Kitana Baker."

YOU BASTARD.