5/31/06

Book It

All right, I need new stuff to read. I've read everything in my house that doesn't make me want to retch. Last few reads have been Malcolm Gladwell, Maria Dahvana Headley, Cheo Hodari Coker, John Feinstein, Seinfeld & Philosophy, Lawrence Block, Mike Lupica, and Bill Simmons.

So you've got a pretty wide-cast net there. Go fish!

ADDENDUM: I went to Grandma's to reread the Year of Yes, only to find when I got home that in MySpace the author'd made a friend request, which I answered and then commented on her page, and then she commented back to me--the final two things which happened within a half-hour. Technology. Gotta love it. I doubt she'll see this over heah, but Maria, I've pimped out your excellence again. This puts you alongside such lumaries as the Gin Blossoms and Jessica Alba's parents, but even so.

Life Of Illusion Joe Walsh

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. You will laugh. Trust me. -- Max

Oricon Ailin said...

I'm not to familiar with those authors. I don't read a lot, but I do like Clive Cussler, Nora Roberts, JK Rowling, Dan Brown, Robin Cook and Michael Crichton.

Anything else is normally religious in nature. I read the Bible a lot, and several other scripture based books.

Cindylover1969 said...

The Essential Spike Milligan. Sheer genius, much missed.

Rich~! said...

Terry Pratchett?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, if you've never read Rick Reilly's first book, "Missing Links", you're missing out on a good time. - Max