5/22/06

High Fidelity: Rock The Bells

I really got to thank Nick Hornby and John Cusack; I know without that book and movie I would've been bouncing off the walls in a rubber room in a fluffy white coat. Anyway, in order to spruce up my Mondays I'm going to do some top 5s weekly from now until I get unsingled. Yes, I watched the movie last night and was suddenly overcome by this idea.

Anyhow, the kickoff: top 5 songs I want to play at my wedding (assuming, of course, I ever get to that point).

1. Whatever "Our Song" happens to be. Maybe not to lead off, but yeah, have to have that in there unless I want to be playing the entirety of Here, My Dear during the divorce hearing.
2. "Don't Know Much About History", Sam Cooke. I really love this song, and it's surprising to me I haven't heard it weddingfied to death over the years. I'm quietly grateful.
3. "Crimson & Clover" by Tommy James & the Shondells. Yeah, my favorite song ever. I'm shocked it's on the list, too.
4. "At Last" by Etta James, for all the obvious reasons.
5. "I Believe When I Fall In Love (It Will Be Forever)" by Stevie Wonder. Bringing us full circle for this Monday. Not bad.

Superstition
Stevie Wonder

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Sam Cook.. What a voice. A shame he was taken from us too damned soon.

Of course, thank you to Animal House for introducing that song to me when I was 12, haha...

And you know what? You can never go wrong with Stevie Wonder, either..