6/24/03

version 2

So, longtime readers of ASCTR will note last week I began deciding what were my fourth through twenty-fifth favorite songs of the 80s. I refuse to budge from my Holy Trinity of "Fight The Power" (Public Enemy), "Once In A Lifetime" (Talking Heads), and "The Boys Of Summer" (Don Henley). Those who use the links on the left can see Johnny, Rob, and Chaz's sad little limp-wristed bitch-ass lists. My database is about 3K deep and I'm doing some serious pondering. Matter of fact I'd say my 51 through 75 would throw their list through a plate glass window and rape the wounds. With S & T to go, I expect the bottom six to ten to go.

But as of now...#25-#4. Sit back, relax, and if you don't like it, go fuck yourself.

25--> N.W.A., "Straight Outta Compton"
24--> Robert Palmer, "Addicted To Love"
23--> Nine Inch Nails, "Head Like A Hole"
22--> Madness, "One Step Beyond"
21--> Public Enemy, "Bring The Noize"

20--> AC/DC, "Back In Black"
19--> Beastie Boys, "Hey Ladies"
18--> Biz Markie, "Just A Friend"
17--> Faith No More, "Epic"
16--> N.W.A., "Express Yourself"
15--> Run-DMC, "It's Like That"
14--> U2, "With Or Without You"
13--> Run-DMC, "It's Tricky"
12--> George Clinton, "Atomic Dog"
11--> Violent Femmes, "Add It Up"

10--> U2, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
09--> Pat Benatar, "Love Is A Battlefield"
08--> N.W.A., "Fuck Tha Police"
07--> Aerosmith & Run-DMC, "Walk This Way"
06--> Led Zeppelin, "Hey Hey What Can I Do"
05--> Public Enemy, "Don't Believe The Hype"
04--> the Police, "Every Breath You Take"

Work's been boring. Two more days down, one to go, and one to pick up a check. Back at it on the weekend. Haircut tomorrow. Anyway, the DEFINITIVE MASTER COPY 25'll be out sometime before Saturday afternoon. Tell a friend.

No comments: