6/29/03

Damn straight I'm a target market

WHOO THREE DAYS OFF. Bought the Jordan retro Bullets jersey. Worked two graduations this weekend, and I was in the eye of the Perfect Storm (so to speak) for an hour and a half. The other 11.5 hours went by without incident. So I'll talk about the $2 Bill I saw Radiohead do on MTV as High Fidelity ends and I warm up for Bring It On...

There There (5/5: RULES ALL)
Idioteque (4/5, 9/10)
Go To Sleep (2/5, 11/15)
Sit Down. Stand Up. (2/5, 13/20--sounds like a bunch of their old songs together, the last two)
I Might Be Wrong (3/5, 16/25--way better live than studio)
Fake Plastic Trees (5/5: 21/30 and the BEST THING THEY'VE EVER DONE.)
Paranoid Android (5/5: 26/35. Ambition DOES make you look pretty ugly. Witness the Commodore uniform)
Karma Police (5/5: 31/40)
True Love Waits (2/5)

Total: 33/45. 3.67 on the five scale--very good verging on excellent. I want to have a thrombo over no "Just" or "High & Dry" but they did "Fake Plastic Trees" to cover the Bends, and "Karma Police" & "Paranoid Android" to cover "No Surprises", "Climbing Up The Walls" and "Let Down" off the transcendant OK Computer. Fans'll want to see it--maybe they'll like the new stuff "There There" aside more than me. For those uncultured in the Church of Yorke, it's a dandy primer.

All right, almost time for the cheerleader flick filmed at my old schools, and it takes a while to dim the lights and put on some Marvin Gaye and get the lotion. So bye.

No comments: