9/8/05

And Every Sunday, St. John Facenda Looks Down On Us From Heaven

After seeing Rob's picks, I passed out. Then I drank. Now I write!

NFC EAST:
(1)Philly, who the fuck cares
This division is the equivalent of four girls walking into a club where the prettiest one's a 10 and the other 3 combined add up to 10.

NFC NORRIS:

(3)Minnesota, (5)Detroit, Green Bay, Chicago
Detroit, of course, is completely dependent on Dan's Bumbling Nephew to actually show up this year. Once that occurs, he's got more weapons than the Ministry Of Idiocy found in Iraq. And...nobody say this part too loud...but Chicago may do better than Green Bay this year.

NFC DIRTY:

(2)Atlanta, (6)Carolina, Tampa Bay, NOSA
¡VIVA LA RON MEXICO! Carolina should've been in the wild-card anyway last year. As for the Saints, Katrina's a horrible tragedy. They weren't going to be that good anyway AND you add Biggest Natural Disaster In US History? No thanks.

NFC WEST:
(4)Arizona, St. Louis, Seattle, San Francisco
So here are my choices: pick a franchise with one of the most inept ownership cabals in history--or pick Arizona. Pick a team that actually drove a starting receiver to drink--or pick Mike Martz. Lethal injection/the chair/tossing a salad/firing squad.

AFC EAST:
(1)New England, Buffalo, Jets, Miami
I feel sorry for Buffalo and the Jets. If they were in the NFC they'd have conference championship potential. But here they're just a really cute barrista walking into the Playboy Mansion. I mean, you fine and everything, but holy shit is that Jennifer Walcott?!

AFC DIRTY:
(2)Indianapolis, (6)Jacksonville, Houston, Tennessee
I really wanted to put Houston in at the 2 spot. But I can't go with Carr over Leftwich.

AFC NORRIS:
(4)Pittsburgh, (5)Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland
Why the hell shouldn't they be the Norris, too? Would YOU like to fuck with Ray Lewis? Yeah, I didn't think so. Those Steeler/Raven games are about as close as I'll ever get to enjoying soccer.

AFC WEST:
(3)San Diego SUPER CHARGERS, Kansas City, Denver, Oakland
Rob picked Denver. DENVER. Mike Shanahan Jake Plummer Denver. Get what Descartes eloquently called le fuck outta here with that merde. Over/under on the Moss/Collins sideline fistfight: week 11. Over/under on Collins going off the wagon: Channukah.

WILD CARD
Minnesota > Carolina and Detroit > Arizona
San Diego > Jacksonville and Baltimore > Pittsburgh

DIVISIONALS
Atlanta > Minnesota, Philadelphia > Detroit
Indianapolis > San Diego, New England > Baltimore

CONFERENCES
Atlanta > Philadelphia
New England > Indianapolis

THE FOURTIETH ANNUAL SUPER BOWL
New England 31, Atlanta 9.

This post brought to you BAH: "J.A.R. (Jason Andrew Relva(?))" by Green Day

4 comments:

Rob T said...

Yes. One good year, and Reality is a stripper in Vegas. Gotta quit drinking so much. :)

Daniel Womack said...

Chargers have a tough schedule. We'll see but I think you might have it right. Bucs need an O-Line and maybe some help for Barber in the secondary. Not to mention the pass rush is slowing down.
I don't think Dallas and Carolina are as good as advertised. Am I just an ignorant fan or what? I don't know. All I know is I don't feel it. Then again who felt the Chargers last year? Yeah...maybe around week 10 and even then you doubted.

Anonymous said...

Butch, I knew I loved you for a reason.

PATRIOTSSSSSSSSS~!!!!!

Deborah said...

Always pick AGAINST Mike Martz.