9/24/05

1) Phil Ivey 2) David Williams 3) Butch Rosser

No, not really.

Another Poker Night in the ghettos of Ysidro. I played very much to my satisfaction--I feel every time I play I get a little better, and didn't have that moment where I regretted a fold. We actually almost drew a full table when we thought we'd be lucky to get 5, so that was a nice change of pace. Danny was kind enough to buy-in for me on the condition if I reaped he got his own back. No interest, even! Do my friends rule or what?

I did, actually, get his $10 back and then some. So why aren't I happy?

It's the three times I had full houses and didn't get paid off on any of them. Once is bad enough but you can just chalk that up to bad luck; 3 times is like going out with Paris Hilton, getting to the door and all of a sudden she's got work early tomorrow. Absolute suck.

And twice I could've only got beat on my hand by pocket aces. It, of course, happened, especially in the hand of the night when I put two people in below me all-in. Erin had pocket Jacks, I had pocket Queens, and Omar had the WMD, pocket Aces. All I remember is a flop with a Jack and an Ace in it--I win that hand and I clear $25 for the night and maybe even triple the Womack investment.

But I came out ahead, I say to myself.

I guess I think the glass is half-empty.

Of course, this does Aaron no good since I busted him with pocket Queens. But screw him, this is MY blog for MY temporary psuedopain.

So, now to drift off until Monday and get the name of that hot Indian hostess I saw at work last Monday. I'm sorry, I've never heard of the name Ryan or Illusion.

...yes, I'm evil. I blame the winky. These things are usually his idea, damn him.

This post brought to you BAH: "Jack And Diane" by John Cougar Mellencamp

4 comments:

Daniel Womack said...

Perhaps we can hold Jo back by shortening poker night to a couple hours? She sticks right in with us the first couple, then she catches that momentum and we might as well all leave the table and hand her that $50.

I was seeing the game 2-3 moves too late tonight. It happens. Call it Sophomore jinx and hope for a good 3rd season.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Pocket Queens beats a set of Jacks or a set of Aces. I could be wrong...-Aaron

Butch Rosser said...

I meant it beat your A7 suited or whatever when you went all-in. Your money says hi.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the rest of it says HI from over here. But you didn't win with those poket Queens, and I beat up on you with the pocket aces again. And there will be no shortening of poker night, you all should bring more money if you want to play longer.