8/3/05

It's Only Seventeen

  1. TEN YEARS AGO: About to start junior year of high school. Highly impressionable. Good boy.
  2. FIVE YEARS AGO: About to start junior year of college. Pretty cynical. Less good boy. Adjusting to the taste of adult beverages.
  3. THIS TIME LAST YEAR: Working for the Man. Had just gotten my friend Danny back in my life after a 12-year absence. Starting to make the Gaslamp Quarter and the party scene therein my home away from home.
  4. YESTERDAY: All my troubles seemed so far away....oh, wait. Uhh...watched some of the Chris Benoit DVD, did some writing, watched the local WSOP circuit event with Jesus winning with the quad Aces, talked about maybe having a poker night on Saturday with Aaron, watched Rescue Me, did some more writing.
  5. TODAY: Is the greatest day I've ever known...wait, no. Woke up at the crack of 11:30, watched the Garden State DVD with the Braff/Portman commentary, found out Chappelle's Show was dead (CHARLIE MURPHY! :( ), did this, and after that...*shrug*
  6. TOMORROW: Fuck if I know.
  7. FIVE SNACKS I ENJOY: Reese's Big Cups (mmm...gigantic peanut butter cups), salad with Italian dressing, Swiss Cake rolls, chips & salsa, carrot sticks.
  8. FIVE BANDS/SINGERS WHOSE CATALOGUES WITH WHICH I'M VERY FAMILIAR: Al Green, Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Nirvana. Yes, I just listed my five favorites of all time. Screw you.
  9. FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH $100 MILLION: Get the fuck up out of here and live downtown or by the beach, donate $5 million to the local Boys & Girls club, buy my parents and brother a house on the other side of town, start a publishing house, take all my friends out for a good dinner and a club without them lifting a finger while riding between spots in a Hummer limo.
  10. FIVE LOCATIONS I'D LIKE TO RUN AWAY TO: Vegas (soon, my precious, soon), New York, Miami, Ibiza, Jessica Alba's shower
  11. FIVE BAD HABITS: Arrogance, sloth, lust, gluttony, greed
  12. FIVE THINGS I LIKE DOING: playing poker, writing, eating good food, bullshitting with my best friends, and shaking what my momma gave me.
  13. FIVE TV SHOWS I LIKE: Scrubs, 24, Arrested Development, Celebrity Poker Showdown, and Rescue Me
  14. FAMOUS PEOPLE I'D LIKE TO MEET: David Letterman, Jessica Alba, Kevin Smith (actually talk to in depth instead of the quick run-in from '03), Michael Wilbon, Tony Kornheiser, Jay-Z
  15. BIGGEST JOYS AT THE MOMENT: The prospective Vegas trip. The nice weather here. When the writing feels more like court stenography than dragging the Stone of Shame. The new Alba beach pics. Getting better at poker. The reaction the Running Man gets in the club.
  16. FAVORITE TOYS: The hearts of impressionable young girls. Oh, wait, I'm filling this out and not my friends. GameCube, the computer, Natalie my cell, the unbelievably superflous remote to my radio.
  17. FIVE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD ANSWER THIS: Rob, Aaron, Jen, Matt, and Jamie.

This post brought to you BAH: "Toxic" by Britney Spears (no, really)

No comments: