8/11/05

It's Getting Better All The Time (?)

Another Poker Night. Everything changes--people. Nothing changes--my game gets better and I lose a small amount of cash.

Tonight it was mostly Aaron's friends. An earlier start than usual, and we six were underway. Three hours later, it was over. Ironically enough on WPT Night, the cash game ended up breaking like a tournament.

My folds continue to get better. Mostly. I actually uttered the Jean-Robert Bellangian phrase "This is a great fucking laydown"--once with A/J and another time with pocket Jacks--and they both turned out to be great fucking laydowns. Anyway, things were going decently, until a point was reached after a couple eliminations I ended up all-in against Ivan.

Up against pocket Jacks with my 10/A.

Jack hits on the flop.

King on the turn.

And....queen on the river. Turn the bass up to 11 and start pumping "How We Do", I hit Broadway like Cats. Sadly, that is the highlight of the night, and it barely got me back up to the $10 buy-in at that. People get bounced. Six. Five. Ivan's out in fourth.

Down to three, and I'm horribly short-stacked, and get bounced. Then Aaron & his friend play head-to-head, and that's it. I make $5 for the third place finish, which bolsters me a little bit along with my improving play. I can only hope to an extent that the improvements pay off when we get down to doing the do in seven days and 14 hourish as they have in my dreams. Until such a point is reached I got to hope my online game improves, and keep solace in the quiet improvements that hopefully will lead to monster payoffs with more cash on the line.

Even though she's nowhere near WKIRGB, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESLIE!

ADDENDUM: 20 minutes, two buy-ins. Lost with a Jack-high flush to a King-high flush and lost a full-house to a better full house. Fuck you, pokerroom.com.

This post is brought to you BAH: "Start Me Up" by the Stones

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your poker terms aren't getting any better. That was a Queen on the River. Al Green, as a wise African-American philosopher once called it...-Aaron