8/14/05

If You Want My Want My Want My Autobiography...

So after work tonight, Aaron & I went to a local Mexican eatery. What's better than a local Mexican eatery? A Mexican eatery playing "Let's Stay Together".

What's better than that?

A Mexican eatery playing "Let's Stay Together" with two hot brunettes in it.

What's better than that?

Them singing along.

I, of course, have been singing along since I set foot in the joint. We catch each other's eyes a few times and laugh but don't stop singing. The song ends and now I'm suddenly in the mood for the Reverend. "Let's Stay Together"'ll do that. The jukebox is over by them, so I roll over and hit it up. I hear the cute one in the Bryn Mawr baby-blue hoodie go "I know this guy's going to put on something good" and without looking up, I go "I'll be honest--I'm just going to put on some more Al Green." So I pick, pick, pick and go sit down.

"Here I Am (Come And Take Me)" is also loved. But it's when I--based off the fact I caught them dancing a little bit--begin to hear my second choice that the evening gets a little more fun.

"Bootylicious". So they try to get Aaron to dance, which is funny on so many levels, but then I am dared. I had decided I was going to have to move. They were of the belief I was not sufficiently prepared for their toast condiment, but in reality it was they who were caught off-guard by my marmalade substitute! They admit they were going to play this earlier but had decided against it. Sadly, they quasi-wrangle out the door before they get "Brick House" dedicated to them, but needless to say I will be keeping a closer eye out at my Benihana's, just in case.

So Aaron & I discuss my kevorka, and in a little while the topic of discussion via something that just came up via his blog is something I visited in the early days of the blog, back when it was Another Step Closer To Rollerball: if you were making an autobiographical CD, what 16 songs would you put on there? Aaron being Aaron (and having a seven-song head start in his head just off the past 48 hours) made a list. So did I.

If it was 18 I'd put Sade's "No Ordinary Love" on there. And I got rid of "Bad Reputation" by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, so per the rules I have one more replacement option before Sunday's over. But here, in song alphabetical order, is my CD:

  • Back In Black - AC/DC
  • The Boys Of Summer - Don Henley
  • Crimson & Clover - Tommy James & the Shondells (though nothing against the Joan Jett cover)
  • Don't Worry Baby - the Beach Boys
  • Fight the Power - Public Enemy
  • Five O' Clock World - the Vogues
  • Flashlight - Parliament/Funkadelic
  • Here I Am (Come And Take Me) - Al Green
  • Juicy - Notorious B.I.G.
  • Lithium - Nirvana
  • Louie Louie - the Kingsmen!
  • Man On the Moon - R.E.M.
  • Once In A Lifetime - Talking Heads
  • Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
  • Should I Stay Or Should I Go? - the Clash
  • Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - Jimi Hendrix
So there it is. I think you guys know what I'd like to see out of y'all now. And I'm out this mothafucka! *throws down the mic and walks off*

This post is brought to you BAH: "Salt Shaker" live by the Ying Yang Twins & Lil' Jon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course it's the Kingsmen.-Aaron