10/25/04

The Found Weekend

Thank you, Falcons "defense", brother's homework, mother, and sproadic Blogger for ruining my high. Irregardless, the point must go on...

Angel, you know it's not the end
We'll always be good friends
--
Smashing Pumpkins, "Perfect"

It's so crazy, you don't realize you've got something sometimes until you don't have it anymore. And then, when it's gone...

So I guess this is the beginning of Act 3 this year: The Protagonist's Road to Redemption.

We've had a major neuroscience convention in town, and I've been pulling full shifts for a few days in a row. (CHRISTMAS PRESENT MONEY TONIGHT!) I'm off for a week and a half after Tuesday's, so like gravy on a biscuit and whatnot. Due to them covering the center, there's a lot of old faces coming back and there's a lot of new faces coming up.

FRESH FISH...*reads Rob's update*...eh, it's been done.

I get to be the mentor to one, and since we end up working coat check we pretty much turn into friends right away. Except she's sort of cute. Whuh-oh. Everybody's telling me to go for it, which I am loath to do due to the last one also being a coworker. I don't want to be That Guy, He Who Seduces Coworkers For Sport. Plus, once could be an accident, twice is a trend...

To make a long story short, I ended up with her number. I hope the drinks in Hell are better than they're cracked up to be. The sleaze of it. Another Chris Rock joke writ large on my life. "Can you help teach her this position?" "Can you help her learn how to work the coat check?"

After that last night I put some Lolita's in my gut and some of Aaron's foot on my ass at the bowling alley. What's better than victory? Victory when you're being taunted for hours straight beforehand. 119, 122, hence why the average is up a point. The sad thing about the 122 is I had like three strikes in the first five frames and then I sleptwalked 8s and 9s to the end. My accuracy was Zonesque, and drawing quite the enmity from Ivan and Cecelia as well. BOW BEFORE THE SINISTER FLING!

So that's one thing. Another thing is closure.

I saw Cristal toyesterday for the first time in a couple of months, and it went surprisingly well. I can't exactly pinpoint the moment, but we were talking and I came to the sudden realization of empathy being seperate from a union. And the moment it happened, the knot in the left side of my ribs I didn't realize I was still holding onto just came unraveled. I don't want to turn it into Mena in American Beauty but it was as close to her as her husband gets on a good night. So I finally feel good about that aspect of my life. I'm sure with all the time off I'll try and start things over with Liz.

So bring forth the new girls!

Ambient music: 213 - Groupie Luv

1 comment:

Johnny B said...

Nice work, boss.