6/1/04

We Can't Rewind, We've Gone Too Far...

Things like this get bizarre blogs their names:

Sunday, I went to the pimpest club downtown. It was either that or see Digital Underground (MOTHERFUCKING HUMPTY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~) and since DU didn't have a bikini show, they lost.

Anyway, as I'm working on my fifth Heineken, I come from the downstairs portion to the upstairs and the show begins. DJ's mixing, women who'd make me sell my family to the Klan to get them into bed doing their thing in bikinis, it's all crystal gravy in theory. But there's this noise, and I can't figure it out. I'm almost positive I'm not that drunk yet. It's not part of the songs, it's not the people up front cheering. So, when the fifth model comes out, I look around.

The sound I'm hearing is a low whoosh caused by 25-30 guys around me all putting their arms up in the air at once. And since this isn't an auction (sadly), their arms are all going up in the air at once because they're shooting their cell phones in the air, taking pictures, saving, repeat. It's a good thing it only went 20 minutes because otherwise the medical community probably would've had to invent Bikini Model Capture Elbow for these guys. Then again, it helped me realize why you lay out the extra cash for the camera option.

Ambient music: Sheryl Crow covering "D'yer Maker" unplugged

No comments: