12/3/03

But Don't Expect Me To Break Out In Song About It, & Some Of The Noise That Keeps Me Awake

Hot damn, I loves the eBay. I've been able to build a jersey collection at discount rates, and now it's really helped me plow through Christmas shopping. I'm about half-done and if I catch some breaks and win some auctions I could be all done by next week.

Next week! As in two weeks before Christmas next week!

What non-gay non-metrosexual male would be done so early? The cool thing about eBay is that my parents will like the stuff I got them, but it's East Coast. It's hard to find anything out of state in local areas especially when you're such devoted fans like them with specific tastes. But eBay's like radar lock, man. I'll be done for Christmas early, and I can actually feel all right about spending some money selfishly at a fraction of the normal prices.

What's not to love?

In unrelated news, I got my SmackDown tickets for next week's taping. I don't think I'll make it on camera, as I was able to only finagle upper middle class tickets (front of the upper deck) as opposed to the upper class (ringside) seats. I actually got lucky by waiting until today to hit the Sports Arena as the E had just cleared that area after doing the production run through. Barely even $30, and I'll probably end up with an Eddie or Cena shirt.

Hey, speaking of shirts, check out THE shirt to have this winter. And all I ever wanted was the funny shirt, a simple kind of life...

I had to buy a replacement Mavs Kidd jersey. Funny story--true story--I'm about to do the Gaslamp Crawl a couple weeks ago and the sports shop is open at like 10:30 pm. I've had a couple Heinies at Hooters so Ivan & I go in. I have the Kidd jersey on me because generally after a night of dancing I'm sweating like Jimmy Smith in rehab (the fuck) and I want something cool with air holes on me to cool off in case after we go have more drinks or hookah or whatever. I hand the jersey to the guy behind the counter so he sees I haven't magically shoplifted it, and he unfolds it and checks it out. A Mavs Kidd is rare, so he begins to offer me money for it. I think he's kidding, but he eventually gets to $20. It's not a lot, but I paid $12 for it and beer's in me and I'm thinking $8 profit.

So I sold it, only to win an auction for a replacement at $13.63. *shrug* Odd, odd, odd.

Note to self: must try "Are you married/are you single/do you make more than $100,000 a year before taxes?" on some poor unsuspecting girl before '03 ends.

Currently playing: P.O.D.'s "Alive"

No comments: