12/16/05

This Year's Time Capsule

Best song I downloaded this year
As previously evidenced, "Gold Digger" by Kanye West and "Fix You" by Coldplay.

My favorite new toy
It's a tie between My Space and Natalie the cell. Pictures. 500 numbers...*drool*

Favorite word or phrase of 2005
"George Bush doesn't care about black people." KANYEEZY~ I should send a shout-out to the Pimp's Prayer on the Boondocks ("Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch. And guide my pimp hand and make it strong, Lord, so that she might learn a ho's place. Amen.") and that triplet on My Sweet 16 who was told by one of her dopplegangers her hair was flopping and she wasn't quite looking right who absorbed the comment and then whispered "You're an evil whore." It's all about the delivery. [ADDENDUM: Can't believe I forgot "You're...you're so glib" by the Increasingly Nutty Scientology Cruiser. What an awesome catch-all that phrase is.]

Fill in the blank: George Bush doesn't care about ______.
Anyone not aligned with him/white/rich/old/American

Band you'd most like to see replace their singer on national TV
Hot Hot Heat and My Chemical Romance should trade, straight up.

Tom Cruise: brainwashed, bullying cult freak or all-seeing, all-knowing seventh-level Thetan?
Gotta be the first one. I can't wait for the divorce in 2011 and Katie turning into the new age Tara Reid. Heard it here first, kids!

Saddest celebrity breakup
Kirstie Alley and restraint.

Man crush of the year
Patrick Fitzgerald. But it's more what's he's doin' for a brother than actual looks.

Best sex I've had all year
I think I had some sort of Tantric orgasm during Sin City.

Obsession of the year
Besides the 'nann, probably...uh...Jessica somebody-or-other.

Biggest disappointment of the year
The majority of America(ns).

Trend I'm most sick of
If you don't agree with something we're doing, the terrorists are winning. Now shut up and eat your pine cone.

Rock star moment of the year
It's got something to with brushing up on check-out time, and being in the World's Largest Strip Club on a Sunday, and a girl named Kelly who smelled like tangerine and was ludicrously soft, and "Don't Cha" was in there, and my friends too. That might be the rock star moment of my life to date just for being so goddamn awesome on so many levels.

Biggest time-suck
My Space. You start seeing if your friends say anything, then you start checking on people from high school, then you find some bands, play some FreeCell--next thing you know that thing in your eyes is the rising sun. It's happened.

Favorite sign of the apocalypse
Probably "Hollaback Girl". You know it's a signal.

Most expensive purchase
Vegas--but it did lead to the most rock star moment, so...

Ambition for 2006
Finishing the novel, the committed relationship (Ms. Ssssssss, come out and play), fiduciary and living freedom, the violent death of hipsters, coastal domination, and, of course, finally getting Jessica Alba's attention

This post is brought to you BAH: "Just A Friend" by THE BIZ~!

No comments: