12/2/05

AvB: Friday Barometer

ALBA: Three completely different songs that are awesome in their own ways: Franz Ferdinand's "The Fallen", the G-Unit song headed by Yayo "I Know You Don't Love Me"...and Mariah Carey's "Get Your Number". Shut up.

BUSH: So hungry.

ALBA: Dad's cooking, which means it's an early bird dinner before I go coach Team Steve to victory again tonight--chicken, salad, potato. Awright.

ALBA: The New York & Company posters featuring Eva Longoria. If someone could pilfer me one or four of them for Festivus I'd be quite the grateful sideshow freak.

ALBA: I've got my top 25 songs of the year--just wondering when I should post the list.

BUSH: Ms. S is vacationing in Miami this weekend.

ALBA: So I'll try to take her out next weekend. Persistence in all things. Unless they're really hard.

ALBA: I'm about ready to start writing again. Sick and depressed as I was the past few weeks, the clouds've really cleared.

BUSH: They canceled Reunion! I was halfway watching that! And the Curse of Amanda Righetti sadly continues...

ALBA: I found Candyman's "Knockin' Boots". How did I ever live without the Internet!?

ALBA: Oprah on Letterman last night. I'm not a huge Oprah fan or anything, but it was clearly important to Dave to get her back in the chair after almost 17 years and it showed in a really good, insightful interview--of course, this country is overrun with mouthbreathers and it probably got ½ of Leno's ratings. But that's why I'm filled with such vitriolic rage bordering on psychosis! It makes for such entertaining blogs! And would you love me any other way?

BUSH: I still don't know what I'm doing for New Year's. I pray I don't have to work, or at least too late.

BUSH: I'm a little behind on the shopping. Next week's payday, though, so I'll begin rectifying it there.

ALBA: I'm way too excited for next month: Scrubs comes back, and so does 24! Seriously, in '08 I'm writing in a Palmer/Bauer ticket. Terrorists will long for the glory days of Abu Ghreib with that combo.

BUSH: Holy shit, there's a cop chopper moving past the complex with somebody barking out something or other over a loudspeaker. I might could be on the news! Oh, don't let this guy be black don't let this guy be black...ah, fuck.

ALBA: Pardon the Interruption!

This post is brought to you BAH: "Grindin'" by the Clipse

1 comment:

Rob T said...

NEW YORK - David Letterman has learned the Power of Oprah: her "Late Show" appearance Thursday earned him his biggest audience in more than a decade.

An estimated 13.5 million people stayed up late to watch Winfrey's first visit to Letterman in 16 years, Nielsen Media Research said on Friday.

Winfrey's appearance more than tripled Letterman's typical audience of 4.3 million viewers, Nielsen said.

The "Late Show" audience was larger than that of most prime-time programs and appeared to consist almost entirely of people who usually don't watch late-night TV. Incredibly, Jay Leno on NBC's "Tonight" show was seen by 6.2 million people on Thursday — more than his season average of 5.8 million — evidence that Leno's usual fans didn't abandon him.


-Yahoo News