4/1/05

The (Almost) Deadly Sin

All right, the cinematography is some of the best I've ever seen in my life. Yes, the stories and twists are extremely well done. Yes, there's a little dark humor in it which in my SRO-viewing went over gangbusters.

Anybody reading this blog wants my reaction to The Scene.

Yes, it was so fantastiawesome not only did I just invent a word back there, I captialized unneccessarily (to some).

There were a couple earlier teases which made me just want it more. And then it was the big scene. I gasped and put my hands over the armrests I'd pulled down for this specific moment. A lot of people looked at me, including the little girl next to me. Hey, what the fuck parent is letting a little kid go see Sin City ANYfuckingWAY? How dare her eight-year-old ass judge me. I know she's prepubescent, but she don't know.

It was in slow-mo. Why did no one tell me it was in slo-mo!?!?!?

And then, all of a sudden, everything changes. My heart starts picking up speed. It's gone from quiet to awake. Awake quickly becomes racing. Racing becomes Audobahn. I'm not blinking. I thought I had to blink. I'm not. My heart is going three times its normal rate. I can't even hear the Bruce Willis voiceover, all I hear is the beating of my heart in my ears for the first time ever big as life boomboomboomboomboomboom and then I start shaking from the internal force and before I die from a coronary the best twelve seconds ever commited to film is over.

And a minute later it's like nothing happened.

I have never felt a rush like that in my life.

I almost died.

It was awesome. So very awesome. In Network, Howard Beale sees the face of God and it tells him what to do. Everybody else thinks he's crazy.

I am now Howard Beale.

I regret nothing.

Ambient music: Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I sat in the 11pm showing at AMC last night, I thought of you.....