3/2/04

"Why'd I Put That? Because I Couldn't Figure Out How To Translate 'Pimp Needs Gangsta Biatch'."

I love my Spanish class.

Well, we're learning adjectives so yesterday's hom--tarea--was to write a personal ad. Oh, sure, two weeks AFTER the first girlfriend, yeah, let's do that. Even though I have severe misgivings about doing such a goofy-assed thing and minimally debate whether or not I want to catch the 24-hour flu, I decide to go today.

I, of course, have a plan.

And my profesora, Steve bless her, is just crazy enough to acquiesce.

So we spent the majority of class today looking over each other's personal ads and playing as background music was "Call Me", "I'm Still In Love With You", "Tired Of Being Alone" (my personal favorite heh heh heh) and "Let's Stay Together". Side note: if people really want to tighten up immigration laws, have the oral section be "do a verse and the chorus of "Let's Stay Together"" because even though the class' median age is maybe 21, everyone was bobbing their heads, synching, and in the case of mi profe, singing along. It's a shame we didn't get to "Here I Am (Come And Take Me)", "Love And Happiness" or the criminally underrated "Look What You Done For Me", but ah well. Only an hour class.

And this cute little Twinkie Stephanie and I had a fun little discussion about me being highly entertaining for doing things like this. What a shame. But, as I likes to say now, THE BANDWAGON DONE LEFT, baby.

Moral of the story: best. professor. E V A H. C'mon, do you ever get to play Al Green's Greatest Hits because it'll add to the ambiance?

Currently playing: matchbox twenty's "If You're Gone"

No comments: