3/14/04

I Mean It Was A REALLY Bad Shift

Currently playing: Jeff Buckley's "Last Goodbye", a lot

Didn't even make it to a month.

She broke up with me. And we're still going to be friends.

And it hurts, but...

...I'm not crying. (At least YET.) She has a lot of intrafamiliar drama, and she's sort of depressed about facing adulthood, and it wasn't like we got to spend a multitude of time together.

I get the feeling I should be feeling something more, or feeling something besides slight disorientation. Maybe because she was first. Maybe because the lechery part of the frontal lobe is already eyeing the twinkie in Spanish.

I don't know, I just...

I think I'm still partially deluding myself into this being a temporary thing and once she has her head on straight we'll be back together.

I just couldn't make her stay knowing things bigger than me are on her horizon. Is this something deficient in me? Should I have made her? Should I have pulled a Natalie and just not recognized it? Or is the fact she still likes me a lot and still wants me in her life...

...10 weeks into the year, met, fell, dated, broke up. Wow.

Tomorrow's either WrestleMania and/or getting drunk (possibly with friends), I know that much.

Man, you wake up one day and everything's great, you go to sleep and there's...this.

this is our last goodbye
I hate to feel the love between us die
but it's over
just do this and then I'll go
you gave me more to live for
more than you'll ever know

No comments: