3/23/04

Monday, Back From The Dead

How did I end up doing on accident exactly what I wanted to do on purpose?

I dunno, maybe me piecing it together in my mind's eye again'll help shed some light on it.

I meant to get attention, but I was doing it in a low-key way. All subtle and cat like, like in nature programs where you see a young deer frolicking and three seconds later a bush rustles and six seconds later a jaguar is on top of it like they're about to hump and eleven seconds later the jaguar has ripped open their neck and is feasting on their small intestine. Subtle like that. So I put on my new Ralph Wiggum "I Dress Myself" shirt [he looks like a hobo, is wearing cord for a belt Jimbo-style, and his finger's in his nose] and put a jacket on over it before I go to school.

I do homework on the way because LEARNDING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

So I sit down and talk to some of my other friends in the class as we sit around and shoot the shit and she comes over and says hi and I take her in and say hi but really I'm rocking out to "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle" as much as one can and still be the straw that stirs a conversation drink.

Then she reaches for me.

The possibility I was sleeping had occured to me, yes, it had. But the eyes are open, because...she wants to see the whole shirt. I was expecting that to come at a later point, but that'll teach me to rock out so fiercely to In Utero in mixed company.

Then after class, I sidestepped some girl, moved back to where I was walking, and nearly bowled her over. We had a good five-minute convo conversation.

Now then.

How long am I supposed to grieve here? Can I just move on like this? Do I start chasing New Girl? Do I try to get together with her, and does doing so make me a)codependent, b) an asshole, c) a codependent asshole, or d) other?

She's 19! 19! I'm a robust 22(and 37 months)! Is she just appealing to my intellect, or do the huge tracts of land have my groin cashing checks my heart can't cash? Or the freckles--freckles are criminally underrated.

In a completely unrelated note I'm half-debating whether to enter the school's (and my first) freestyle contest on Thursday. Money prizes if you finish top 3. Ve shall see.

Until the next...KUSIZZLE IN THE HIZZLE!

Currently playing: Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" (really)

No comments: