8/3/03

Double Jeopardy OR I'd Like What the FUCK Was THAT For 2000, Alex

Aren't you lucky two freak occurences happened to me in the last hour within the span of 10 minutes? I wasn't even going to update today because we replaced the tech geeks wiiiiiiith...optometry tech geeks (siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh), but since my real last name is Murphy, I should lay down the law.

I'm coming home after putting in my seven hours with The Man and I'm one stop away from being a quick ride home. I look up to make sure I'm in fact where I'm pretty sure I am, and that's when incident one happens.

Incident 1 is a high school girl sitting across from me, who less two cup sizes looks exactly like the first girl I fell in love with. Glasses, long blonde hair. Six years disappears in this instant. I tried doing the Nicholson walk, and I went right into a post. My chest tightens up, and thankfully the ride ends for me about 30 seconds later before I hit the fetal position and start hyperventilating.

I'm walking out the street and I'm breathing through my mouth because it's so wide open. Up the block I go, rattled. But it's only a block! I mean, what could happen in the course of a block?

My shirt.

An entirely different high school girl (I'm sentencing a pattern here) wearing a ROLE MODEL shirt is walking west where I'm walking east. I try to be gentlemanly and let her have the right of way but she stands in front of me.

At first I think it's due to my handsome face or my handsome ways but it's only then I realize I'm wearing my "Don't fight the feeling, you know you want me." shirt.

She begins to laugh. LOUD. So loud you could hear it up the block at the Starbucks and across the street at the other Starbucks. Normally I'd think my sense of humor came through but on the heels on the last thing I just...I don't know what to say. I'm still in shock. This is the sort of thing that happens only to me.

I'm going to eat dinner and try to forget.

No comments: