4/9/07

Mic Check

I know I'm behind a few hours in the posting of my tremendous Saturday night, but I'm back on getting what I can when I can. So lay off, ya bastids.

Heh.

Anyhow, for the second time in two weeks I spent one night at a baller-ass club only to be immediately followed the next day by spending the next day in a dive bar. This says something about me but arsed if I can figure out what it is exactly.

I got there a little late, so I only got 3 songs. For everybody drooling in anticipation over the setlist, please make sure you are seated.

1) What I Diggity Say - Bangers And Mash ("What I Say", instrumental/"No Diggety", vocal)
2) Black Beatles - Loo & Placido ("Let's Get It Started" (i)/"Run For Your Life" (v))
3) Don't Stop Believin' In Planet Rock - A plus D ("Planet Rock" (i)/"Don't Stop Believin'" (v)

Tracks will be sent to interested parties upon request. Anyways, I met a few awesome, awesome people in the earlier part of the evening.

One of them is named Kallao, who in addition to spinning his own sets during the evening is a local DJ of one of the radio stations I actually liked before the Pod came. He got the fun shot of me above. (Note to self: next time you wear the Ramones shirt maybe you want to work Jimmi James' "Hey Ho Wonderwall" in there somewhere!)

Another one is DJ Riko, who moved here from Columbus in the recent past. In his defense, it was Columbus and this is San Diego. Anyway, Riko probably would get top billing for the evening trackwise, and was really low key and detached for someone who earned a spot in the '05 Best of Bootie mixtape that was #1 And The Best For The Year. I believe I'm going to get some shots from his camp of me getting down--and you may even get some video footage of yours truly doing a few seconds of breakdancing. Weep, puny mortals. Fucking weep.

Also, I met Adam from Cover Me Badd's Blasphemous Guitars. I'd talked to everybody through CrackSpace but this was the first time we'd all met met in the 3-D world and they couldn't've been more welcoming or awesome. Adam even had the class to be at least feigned upset when I mentioned after the show during the Johnny Cash cover medley (a reggae cover of "Hurt" which was worth the price of admission alone/"Personal Jesus"/"Rusty Cage") I'd expected the Depeche Mode homage portion to be accompanied by a HAPPY FUCKING EASTER! Hey, the man said during a Christmas medley on local TV "Do we have time to introduce our dancers, Misletoe and Camel--no?" I'd just assumed. But anyway, they blew the doors off the joint and outside of Danny & Victoria who are probably talking about this on the Uncast as I type the rest of the of the local crowd disguised themselves pretty effectively as vapor. Their fucking loss. Who needs action when you've got words, right?

(Please don't point out the irony of me using that quote during a blog post.)

It got over 100 people to a dive bar, pretty remarkably. And there are talks about doing it again before the next scheduled one to kick off August.

So, in honor of one of my new friends, I would like for you to raise your fist in the air. Adam's having some relationship difficulties.

P.S. Don't be surprised to see another template change; Opera's been uppity and I get shanked on putting up picture sizes? Funk dat!

Cover Me Badd's Blasphemous Guitars[GIRLFRIEND WITH AN ADDICTION (live but not from Saturday night)]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doing good, Butchmeister!