2/23/07

Under Atmospheric Pressure...


ALBA: I love Australians. Even more so than usual.

ALBA: Since the Blogoogle switchover looking at the labels is almost as good as the posts sometimes.

MENCIA: Opera's being uppity, so I'm doing this out of Mozilla. I don't think there's that much of a difference, but it still seems off.

MENCIA: Why did my friend float the possibility of going to Mexico, getting drunk and lapdances tomorrow after I'd already made plans?

ALBA: iPod. Teacher. Mother. Secret lover.

ALBA: Rob floated me a little walking around cash.

ALBA: Finding more mashups. When they work, they work. Gary Numan + the Beatles. I may dedicate next weekend's Follow the Leader to a creme de la menthe list.

MENCIA: Getting shot down. I'm not exactly surprised given my lot in the world right now, but it would've been nice.

MENCIA: Actually lost at a home game Saturday for the first time in forever. Mere hours after the rejection, too. Apres moi, le deluge... I haven't posted a top 5 finish in a month. I keep coming between 13th and 25th, which was the original plan, and yet now that I'm here it sucks. So I'm in Must Always Win Mode. (Friends: As opposed to? Me: SHARRUP YOU MOUTH)

ALBA: Going to try to get back in the black tomorrow night.

ALBA: Had two consecutive excellent interviews with one of my top 5 clubs. It's a security position at a place I love where I've never seen a fight in the 12-17 odd times I've been there. Nice late start, too. Honestly, if I don't get this I don't know what I'm going to do. I might as well give up. I can't interview any better than I did. Even in the face of a ludicrously hot boss, I held serve.

MENCIA: The Rent Issue. Still. Where does one get $200 by the end of the month?

MENCIA: I owe about 3x what I thought I did bill-wise (forgot about other phone).

ALBA: Holy GOD was the Office awesome last night. Roy's meltdown was #1. #2 was Fancy New Beesley v2. #3 was "...or collapse in on myself like a dying star." I usually don't say this in the face of white-on-white crime but Roy is going to fuck that nigga Jim up...

MENCIA: In six weeks. Sad face.

ALBA: Well, the label says it all. Let's end this on an up note--









I Want To Take You Higher Sly and the Family Stone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love being Australian. (Also, I am catching up on comments. See my blog.)

I hope the rent and stuff clears up quick, Butch. I dislike that you're having a tough time.

I would so totally do Marisa.