2/16/07

Friday Barometer: Neptune? Grand.

Yup, I had an interview I went from being late for to being 15 minutes early from that I think went well.

Don't care.

Put down another 750 words for the first time in what seems like forever.

Don't care.

I may have walked outside during my snack break and found them filming Veronica Mars a spit away while I was inside the lab writing. I may have walked right past Kristen Bell. I may have asked a producer what was happening and he may have revealed they were taping the 17th episode of the year and may have divulged the primary storyline.

He may have seen the Picture.

So, instead of doing other things, I'm going to stay here a while longer and see what else I can find/do. Who knows what may come of this? Maybe nothing else. But I'm going to flit back and forth between the set (HA! I said the set cause I was there and walked through it!) and these computers, keeping updates on serve.

I'm sure you guys would expect nothing less.

(Perhaps a little keyed up; it took me 3 tries to spell expect just there.)

ONE
Max, why do you think I didn't name what the primary storyline is? Dumbass.

Anyhow, a few things since their job fair scene is taking a bit longer than they thought.

Bells for the tower go off hourly at SDSU--and they don't post-edit them out, I suppose. They sent up some sound people who put stuff around the actual ball portion of the bell, thus making it a silencer every hour at the top of the hour.

The extras are full of cute girls but they're all bored. It takes them a while for each scene and they're just background anyway, so it looks like you hanging out with your friends when none of you had the strength to get up and go somewhere. Some of them seem to be RL friends. They all text like mad. When they move around the 400 feet or so marked off, they line up like baby ducks and follow the producer guy I talked to and a couple of other executive-types.

The crew have these awesome big black trucks to move around. They look like where the MIB would keep people if they had to flash-fry a bunch at once.



I've decided to take a few pictures and send them to Rob, in the hopes they'll enhance the report.

So they are. Hearst represent! (You can also see the aforementioned bell tower. Talk about brilliant photography.)



More updates as they warrant.

TWO
Some guy is sitting where I've been all day so this update is shorter and taking an extra couple minutes. The fucktard.

A lot of parents around taking pictures. It may be Parents Weekend or something here at State and it's bleeding over into filming. A lot of them are walking right through the set with no break in their actions whatsoever. Probably Idol fans.

THREE

I guess the job fair scene took longer than expected, as if I know.  What I do know is it hit dusk and the crew leapt into action like vampires.  I heard dinner mentioned, so I split.  They may come back later, I dunno.

The $48,000 Pregunta: do I go back tomorrow?

Another One Bites Da Funk Party Ben Queen/Daft Punk mashup

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a pimp.

But if you tell me what the primary storyline is, I will choke you out with your own floppy hat. Mark my words.

Anonymous said...

You jammy, jammy bastard.