2/9/07

Black Friday

How did my birthday go?

  • Went to bed 2 or 3 hours early instead of staying up and writing to chase a job.
  • Got up 2 or 3 hours early to go to the interview for the temp position.
  • Bus.
  • Trolley.
  • Bus.
  • Short walk.
  • 30 minutes of paperwork.
  • The interview. "We can't use you. You just got fired from there."
  • My supervisor and her supervisor are my recommendations, at their behest, by the way.
  • Playlists > Artists > Rage Against the Machine > Play All
  • Now, I would go home and drink, but I have to sell my digital camera for the 4th time.
  • This is a joke. I always set these appointments (one this past weekend) and they pull out.
  • Rob tries to keep me from pulling a Nathan Petrelli. It barely works.
  • I bet him they don't show.
  • I get there 15 minutes early.
  • I wait for 45 minutes.
  • They don't show.
  • I go home.
  • Quickfly through the Internet.
  • Am so aggrieved and about to implode I take all that stress and fall asleep.
  • I wake up a couple hours later. My parents have gone to a high school basketball game.
  • My brother never played.
  • And graduated in June.
  • And is here trying to get together with his possible girlfriend.
  • They come home.
  • No cake.
  • No ice cream.
  • Nothing resembling a present.
  • My dinner is almost two hot dogs.
  • This is hour 2 of debating whether murder or murder/suicide is the new black.
If tomorrow goes this badly, let the media know I was horribly misunderstood and they
all had to sacrifice themselves for penance.

Six Feet Under No Doubt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crapper.

Did you get my voice mail message at all? I would have been calling about 9 pm, thereabouts.

Tom said...

Damn, Butch. Sorry you're birthday didn't go so well. No really so should have as a craptastic day on their birthday. Sorry again, and happy (albeit, belaeted) birthday.