1/10/07

Validation!

I entered the same type of tournament my modem bounced me from last night. 360 entered with the hopes of advancing to Round 2, to eventually get on TV and $25,000.

Results with a functioning modem?

Here's my PBP of the final table (even 9th out of 360 would've been worth it...ish):

I doubled up a guy when he made a straight on the river as I made Kings up, Queens down. Bounce somebody to get to 2nd. Bounce somebody else. First place.

We get down to 6 and he ups himself through me again. Still in the lead until he bounces a guy.

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiif.

He makes a full house to beat a straight and two pair.

THREE.

We've got about 85k each, he's got about 400k with the double homicide.

Set of fives take me to 115.

Wired 9s to get to 180.

They fold, wasting my pocket Queens. I swear to give their children lymphoma.

7s and 8s to get me to 215.

Queen-high straight. 235.

I am feeling it, Evel.

I have 75suit. 3 overcards. Don't matter--high pair. 255.

If my 6s...and the board pairs 9s...280...I feel fine...

Fold my 9s and 5s. Down to 220. He had a full damn house. GFL #5, at least. In retrospect, I have just made the most important play of the tournament. By losing.

Siphon off the small stack, 240.

6Aoff.

Flop is K.

SIX.

SIX.

Then there are 2.

272 (me) - 267 (him who has had my number twice, other than the last GFL).

Ooh.

One hand, with my KAoff.

He has fives.

Eight.

Eight.

Two.

ACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Some three hours and change later, I got myself my first-ever first place tournament finish. 359 and the Dark Horse rode past alllllll their asses!

Tell Kataneh to bring it on.

And after that we can play some poker.

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is
Jet (this thing is sentient)

2 comments:

Oricon Ailin said...

Woohoo! Congrats, Butch!!

Daniel Womack said...

Congrats to you. So...now for real money?