9/8/06

The Friday Barometer Was Merely Pining For The Fjords

ALBA: Moving.

BUSH: Family moving. I think Imelda Marcos has been passing herself off as my mother since the nineties, to say nothing of all the bullshit my brother/now roomate has got on him. I came to the realization Tuesday me moving solo would take less time than Goodfellas, exempting the cable, Internet and phone service. I am a complicated man who tries to keep his life simple. Everyone else is nowhere near done.

BUSH: So Steve Irwin dies and Paris Hilton gets arrested and Linday Lohan whips her lips out--and I'm completely Amish during this time period. Faboo.

ALBA: I like the new digs, actually. Pool, air conditioning, 10-minute walk to a semimajor mall with the old grocery store staples I had at the old place. And I've seen more cute neighbors in 3 days then I did the past couple years at the Rosserdence v3.0. Whether they're all legal or not is a story that remains to be told. It's going to be a problem in me staying out Saturday nights; without a ride home I'll need to crash at Grandma's. But the ups outweigh the downs handily so far.

BUSH: So there's six plugs in our room. We're using 2. There's a phone jack we don't need. And we have no cable. And I can't get the basic channels on myour TV yet. "Gee, Homer, you sure seem awfully calm..." "I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU!" You guys come back to BR.net and my whole family's slaughtered, I owe you a Coke.

BUSH: The cable in the living room is slightly off, though I haven't figured out how or why yet. And I am at the library doing this because the pins in the mouse aren't getting through to the back and of course, are the last thing standing between Internet access at home and I.

ALBA: I am having quite the library renaissance with all of the unemployed and the need to get the hell away from the family every so often. Maybe the selection's improved. Maybe because I can get a computer with no fuss and non-major waits. Maybe they've hired more hot girls here then I've seen since I realized girls didn't have cooties, or if they did I should be trying to get some. Some combination of the above.

PUSH: Computer's in the living room. I don't have the total autonomy I once did and am going to have to time my NC-17 sites and bytes now; at the same time without it being in my room I won't have to worry about Mom deciding 1:30 is a good time to recheck her e-mail.

ALBA: The Go-Go Mega 8 last Sunday. Actually, this is one of those Swiss doll sort of things (maybe I'm thinking of Russian dolls, non-tennis player division? Someone get back to me on that). Lessee: got so close to the dancers you could see individual abs move while dancing. Check. Saw my hot friend Chloe MC it, even though she could've won. Check. Saw old friends for the first time in over 6 months and this time didn't walk right out into somebody getting homicided? Check. Got unbelievable novel inspiration? Check.

Oh, that. Anyhow, I got there early, and the DJ spun a bunch of old, old shit I love. De La, some Tribe, "It's Like That", "Supersonic"--had I had the hooch in me and/or it have been later it definitely would've been breakdancing time. Said DJ was about 5'3", 100 pounds maybe, and blonde. Cute, too. [This leads into a whole art v. commerce thing of is she cute because she plays De La or does she play De La and happen to be cute--don't know, don't care.] This story--or something inspired by this story--needs to be told. And my NaNo idea has been sitting on the shelf. I think I'm getting into the internal combustion engine, cranking a few gears, and getting that sumbitch back on the road when the time comes. Would've been nice to have more people around, but TWISFI.

ALBA: I don't even need to know how, but Nu Shooz's "I Can't Wait" is becoming a old school club staple. 1) Yes, please. 2) Can you throw on some "Point Of No Return" to bookend it?

BUSH: I'm no medicial expert, but Grandma being .5 away from dialysis--there's no good way to spin that, is there?

ALBA: It's recently come back to my attention the first season of Sports Night was really something.

ALBA: Despite the fact we don't have our own rooms anymore, my brother and I are getting along better than ever. Tuesday, we kept ourselves sane during a ricockulous 14-hour move by playing an offshoot of Dozens called Your TV's So Old... (By the way--giant wood and steel TV. Going down steps. BUSH.) Favorite lines included "...the first time you turned it on, the #1 show was CSI: Bethlehem!", "...it just came in white because black hadn't been invented yet!", "...the first thing you saw was the Olsen Twins eating; then again, it was Full House", and my own and my brother's favorite, "...back then he wasn't Fat Joe, he was Might Like Snacks A Little Too Much Joe".

ALBA: LaVar Arrington comparing the Giants D to VOLTRON, followed by a lengthy explanation of how Voltron works in the article for the uneducated. I hope the Giants win everything ever except when it'd blow up my fantasy teams for that. (Go Skins--more to the point, go Brunell to Moss. Double points, man.)

BUSH: For the love of Alba people, you are not bringing sexy back. Stop it, just stop it. You should be like me and just remain sexy and then that way you don't need to be making no extra trip to bring it back. But what the shit do I know?

ALBA: Right at my time of barrel-scraping, someone will be buying a phone off me tomorrow and reliving some pressure off my self for a little bit. Got another interview Tuesday, maybe a possible job. Gotta stay up on it this weekend.

BUSH: I'm so horribly addicted to the Internet it's not amusing. If I hadn't been so deadassed tired the past few days I might've tried putting a phone jack in my arm to get the high back. At least I know, and knowing is half the battle. I think.

London Bridge (Oh, Shit) Fergie (Butch hears ya. Butch don't care.)

2 comments:

Daniel Womack said...

If it helps at all, that Lohan pic was photoshopped. Yeah, I was fooled too. Apparently she was wearing a green thong. KATG.com just something else to get addicted to.

Oricon Ailin said...

Wow...lots seem to be going on for you. I hope you get everything up and running soon.

And best wishes on that new job. I hope you get it. *hugs*