5/13/05

A Thin Friday Between Love And Hate

HATE: Waiting in limbo to see when they're going to kill the electricity, if they are. They said they were going to back at 8, but here it is about noon and I'm doing this with Blind Date on the background.

HATE: One of the smallest checks I've ever seen in my life. How I am supposed to get a proper swerve on? HOW?

HATE: Delaying paying off Natalie, even though I don't think the next check is going to bring some financial windfall, either.

HATE: The looming possibility of--*gulp*--selling my Game/Snoop tickets. I suppose I could try to get the comeback for Anger Management, but even so.

HATE: The new Lindsay Lohan. No breasts and she got hit with a sudden case of the uglies, too. Damn shame. I haven't seen someone fall off this fast since Shawn Kemp.

HATE: Being jerked around on my Winslow throwback.

LOVE: The new host of E!'s Wild On is TARA REID. You could look it up! That's appointment television right there. I wonder if they'll have to shorten the show to 10 minutes to get in all the usable footage.

HATE: I'm still coughing up phlegm! HOW? Can someone put one of those dentist's things in my mouth and suck out all this what appears to be lining my insides?

HATE: Dave going to the crazy house. I just hope it's nothing major and we eventually get a Season 3.

HATE: I guess the best-season-of-Seinfeld/first-seasons-of-Scrubs/Team America: World Police debate I was having for next Tuesday just died an ugly, violent death.

LOVE: TWO more seasons of Arrested Development! Praise Buster! Now maybe you guys can quit sleeping on the co-funniest show on TV and actually see the damn thing, hmm?

LOVE: The possibility of Eva Longoria dating Keifer Sutherland, because if anybody deserves somebody on Eva's level, it's Jack Fucking Bauer. Yes, his middle name is the F-bomb; once you kick a certain amount of ass in the name of the country they just change it.

LOVE: If they keep taking forever to kill the electricity, maybe I can get some writing done.

Better not chance it...

LATE AFTERNOON ADDITIONS

LOVE: Naughty By Nature doing a medley of their classics on 106th & Park. Can you imagine having them do your prom? Oh, that'd be sick. I wonder if I'm going to feel the way about any artists today in 2016 if I happen to be flipping the dial and the opening from "O.P.P." came on.

LOVE: No cutting of the electricity. Sweet.

LOVE: My brother's profile on myspace. Good to know he's "not a movie nigga". I feel closer to him now more than ever, shit you not.

Ambient music: George Harrison - I've Got My Mind Set On You

No comments: