12/10/04

Shopping OPEN Season

The Christmas shopping for '04 is DONE. This is two years in a row I've been two weeks ahead of the Fat Man, and let me tell ya something, good as it feels now--watching my family run around like Godzilla's looming above them next week it's going to feel even better. I can't go back to the old ways. I won't.

On my travels in the Outside World (twenty billion cheers for Amazon) KB had a sale, and I found myself buying a replica World Heavyweight Title for $7.

So, to all my friends coming to town, the Butch has something to say: it's open season. This year, I have made the Leap. I have gone from wallflower to 24-hour Party Person. And if you say different, then PROVE ME WRONG. I'm putting up MY World Heavyweight Title--the same one I won in that tournament in Rio de Janeiro--vs. anybody who thinks they can party better than me without puking. It doesn't matter if you're homegrown, down from LA, Berkeley, Eugene, Seattle, Keokuk, JUST...BRING IT. Because in the immortal words of Mahatma Ghandi upon India's release from British rule post-World War II, to be the Man--WHOOOOOOO!--you gotta beat the Man!

Ambient music: R.E.M. - Radio Free Europe

No comments: