5/6/04

But My Wings Have Been So Denied

A parable.

Once upon a time, there was a man with a dream. He spent hour after hour coddling it, thinking about it, reconfiguring it, for he knew that to only have a dream was futile.

You had to make the dream a reality.

His friends and family wrote him off as increasingly mad. There would be no deterrents. He perceived opportunity ahead and continued to plot.

One day he tested the specs and checked his resolve. Everyone stood by in bemusement as he tried.

And then stood shocked when he made it happen.

The sun warmed him for the first time in his life. Naysayers abounded, but where were they now? He had a dream, he made it happen. The world would change now thanks to his perceived madness.

A great thing, to dream, but to LIVE--ay, there's the rub.

For that dreamer's name was Icarus.

And he soon fell to Earth.

So did I.

Twice in two months.

Another name to put in the novel's "How Do You Like Me NOW?" section. Maybe I'll just put them on a shirt like Navarro did that pick.

*sigh* Someday.

"I never had the chance to show the world that I could love and could be loved because they ruled me out because I had a strange appetite for strange things."
--God

Ambient music: Johnny Cash's "A Satisfied Mind"

No comments: