4/16/04

"I overreacted."

MAD SPOILERS WARNING, SON


Kill Bill volume 2 (a million trillion stars):
I loved v1 (AHH). I mean, outside of LotRotK it was the blow-away movie of the year in '03. Now, I don't get hyped up about the movies too much, not prone to hyperbole, so you can best believe when I say...

Volume 2 kicked Volume 1's ASS.

David Carradine, master of the flute, for Best Supporting Actor? Daaaaaaaamn straight! The Superman solioquy alone is the first time something in my mind about pop culture has been changed by a movie character's viewpoint since Hooper in Chasing Amy. You wants great reveals we gots your great reveals: Budd's sword and where he kept it, the Bride's name--what an eyeball popper that was for me since I avoided spoilers. GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT. The Pai Mei sequence on it's own is enough to get this thing Best Picture--mad dap for Gordon Liu even if I like Sonny Chiba better. How she got rid of Elle (especially after some Rock/Austin X7 buildup) and Bill--MWAH.

Tarantino playing Office Space in the titty bar damn near soiled my armor, as did the whole Sister Sledge scene after (strange eletronic noise--hey, I won't give that away) checked into her hotel.

There's your name. There was your name.

Congratulations.

Poor Emilio.

Mace or the flashlight.

I could keep going for days, you know. Rufus...he's the man. [Stay for the credits if you really want to know just how much the man he really is.]

Point is...oh, and Elle's "book report" before she got her money back. Yeah, that blew my hinges off too.

POINT IS FUCKDAMMIT you WILL see this, you will thank your deity of choice, and then you WILL see it again.

I bow before Quentin Tarantino. HARD.

Consider me bloody satisfied.

Currently playing: G-Unit's "Stunt 101"

No comments: