10/28/03

Hope I Die Before I Get Old

Because of the stupid fires, my mother got another day off. (And tomorrow too as I wrote this, despite other people at her work going back. GHM.) And apparently once you hit her age, day off means do every single chore possible before your back gives out. So I ended up doing pretty much every piece of laundry in the house that wasn't a sock.

In addition to the fires taking today away from me, I wonder how the local channel is going to handle 24 tonight, as it's been pretty much wall-to-wire Firestorm coverage. It's lessened today, but if they don't show it I'll watch the end of Joe Schmo the first time it's on. Damn parents. Fucking fires. I was going to spend today buying batteries and finally watching Scarface and/or seeing Kill Bill v1 #4, but noooooooooooooo. Of course I'm working six of the next seven days on top of matters. The point of the story is: my life is a relentless steel toed kick in the crotch.

Under the into-every-rain-a-little-life-fall Dept, I bought the new R.E.M. Greatest Hits, which is the first CD I've ever bought that I actually like every song on the record. Bought the Essential Clash, pretty much for the second disk. Lookit this Murderers Row: London Calling, the Guns of Brixton, Clampdown, Rudie Can't Fail, Lost In the Supermarket, Train In Vain, Police On My Back, This Is Radio Clash, Ghetto Defendant, Rock The Casbah, Straight To Hell, and Should I Stay Or Should I Go? By the way, that's a partial listing of one of the two CD set. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE. Finally, I got the best steel cages DVD from the WWE which is apparently like five hours of violent goodness, including some AWA/WCW footage. Whenver the hell I actually get some time by myself and the DVD player I'll pop it in.

Oh, and my back is spasming again. B-e-a-uuuuuuuuuuuutiful.

Currently playing: the eels covering "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover" live

No comments: