3/16/07

Friday Barometer: Dead Or Alive

Kristin at E! is about yeaclose to making the On Notice list--

You may have seen my earlier report that Veronica Mars has been canceled.

Well, let me just say that though I heard this heart-wrenching info from six--yes, six--reliable sources on both the network and studio side...apparently that news may have been somewhat misguided. See, although this "cancellation" rumor ran rampant around all sectors of Hollywood today, it turns out the picture is more complex than a straight canceled-or-not-canceled scenario.

At this hour, here's what I can tell you:

I just heard from Veronica mastermind and showrunner Rob Thomas, who tells me, "If we're cancelled, I certainly don't know about it."

And according to CW insiders, the CW has not officially canceled Veronica Mars. However, here's the catch: They are currently considering a different format for the fourth season. From what I hear, that format would leap four years into the future and focus on Veronica Mars as an FBI agent. Aside from returning star Kristen Bell (duh), the rest of the cast is yet to be determined, but it isn't likely that many of her current co-stars would be on board.

So bottom line: Veronica Mars could be: 1) spinning off into a new format, 2) returning in her college years or 3) getting canceled.

And let me just say, number 3 could be a very real possibility, so it is most definitely time to rally the troops before it's too late! If you care about Veronica Mars and want it to survive (and if you're a fan of good TV, I know you do!), please comment below with your name and message of support. And email your friends the link of this column so they can do the same. (I will forward your comments to the powers that be at the CW.)

Then, please send your "Save Veronica" postcard or letter to:

Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Boulevard, Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002


And pardon me while I step onto my soapbox and advise the CW: cancelling Veronica Mars would be a mistake of epic proportions. It is by far the best thing going on the green net, and one of the most addictive, smart, funny and well-written series ever to air on television. The fans would not take its cancellation lightly.

(P.S. That Pussycat show makes me want to gauge out my eyes.)

Now, VM fans unite! Comment away below for the love of good TV!

I got property to belong to!  What's my purpose without it!?



Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem) Jay-Z

4 comments:

Rob T said...

Bastards better not cancel V-Mars. One of the two shows I really watch these days.

Anonymous said...

You are such a stalker. -Aaron

P.S. I think Rob Thomas hit on Jen in Sydney, if memory serves me.

Libby said...

Veronica Mars is such a great show that I'd hate to see it go so prematurely in this post-Buffy world I'm living in.

Please don't cancel it!

Cindylover1969 said...

Hey, Living - when is S3 of Miss Mars starting, huh?

P.S. Just before The OC this afternoon, Channel 4 ran a trailer for that Pussycat Dolls show Butch, or Kristin, or both, can't stand (filling in the spot that Beauty and the Geek'll be vacating in a couple of weeks, I guess). Er... why?