3/3/07

Follow The Leader (1.2)

I think in issue 3 next fortnight I might run through my entire playlist of mash-ups I made for a couple interested friends called the Island of Misfit Songs. But until then...

CSS > Pretend We're Dead/I Wanna Be Your J'Lo
Things I know about CSS--
1) CSS is an acronym, and it's French for Cansei Ser Sexy. (What that means in French, I have no clue; all I can do in French is kiss, toast, and offer to sleep with you. I assumed that was the extent of French knowledge I needed, to be fair.)
2) They remind me of a more glammed/electroed out Runaways.
3) I Wanna Be Your JLo is funny.
4) I found these songs via the Forkcast.

IF You Can Download Only One...
Lily Allen > Smile
Every once in a while, the hype's actually true.

Smash-Up Derby > Talking Franz
"Take Me Out" + "Burning Down The House" = \m/. They have a few other live-styled mashes which you can find here.

Tool > The Pot
Because I like Tool.

John Mayer Trio > Who Did You Think I Was?
This was between solo albums for Chappelle's boy, and you can see him starting to skim the pool of what his newest release was about to get into. Even though it clocks in at a quick three minutes, the lyrics and bluesy guitar make it go by even quicker than that.

Tag Team, Back Again, Check And Direct And Let's Begin > Whoomp! (There It Is)
I'm taking you back to the old school. I am an old fool. But I'm so cool. (Shouldn't that be these four words mean you're getting busy?)

Can't Do Nuttin' For Ya Man Public Enemy

No comments: