12/18/06

Finally! Finally! BAH GAWD, Finally!

I'm sure some of you with jobs and significant others may wonder why I'm so much better that Time felt it necessary to honor me instead of you. A few reasons come to mind.

  • I still have never made a purchase from Starbucks.
  • I didn't bring sexyback; when you remain something, the necessity of bringing it back is none.
  • I completely should've shattered the time-space continuum; instead, you all still live.
  • By keeping the #21 powder blue freezer crisp, LaDainian Tomlinson is having the best season in the history of recorded sports.
  • I was into Girl Talk before you.
  • Propelled YouTube and MySpace into the stratosphere when normal people would've polished their resumes.
  • By sheer force of thought, got NewsRadio reruns back on the air.
  • Am currently about 60 pages into this novel, which we'll call the first.
  • Thought a shitload of Republicans should be forced from office before it became trendy.
  • STILL the Best Running Man in the County.
  • Renamed my blog to reference the Roots.
  • 14 shots of Goose. Amount of vomit: 0.
  • Named my fantasy football team the T.Overdose, and then watched them fail to make the playoffs. That's right, I sacrificed a season for hilarity and accuracy.
  • Am a black male, lived to see 27, and still don't have an arrest record.
  • Didn't write horribly crappy song just to get Petra Nemcova and cheat on her later.
  • Property of Kristen Bell. Even now.
  • Despite never being asked to do so, always provided the kids with a positive role model.

American Idiot Green Day

3 comments:

Daniel Womack said...

But they told me I was TIME Magazine's Person of the Year. Fuck!

Oh and two things: How is Dane Cook not dead to you yet and how did the City of Vancouver get on notice? Seems like a fairly cool town to me.

I don't doubt. I rarely even ask for an explanation. So...Lucy. Care to 'splain?

Oricon Ailin said...

LOL! I think you deserved to be honored, Butch! hehe

I wish a very Merry Christmas. I hope that it's a wonderful day for you. And, I'll pray that 2007 is a much better year for you, my friend. *hugs*

Libby said...

Well, at least I follow the trends well, albeit later than *you*.

But I try.