11/30/06

This Is The Noise That Keeps Me Awake

  • Been a long time since I got in here. Let's start cleaning house.
  • Tragically, this might've been my best NaNo showing to date. And in Vonnegutian fashion I find the first three chapters fine and don't want to change a page after about 478 hours of minor tweaking. I just got to figure out how I'm opening chapter 4 and keep going from there. I can finish before I turn 28. This I know now.
  • Living broke without a cellphone in 2006 America is the next closest thing to being homeless. I think this is why I don't feel like writing; my character is living a much better life than I am, and I'm holding it against her. Everything is a stress. I'm thinking about getting a credit card, which in the long run is like deciding injection over the chair, but it's getting to the 11th hour where people are going to go without Christmas presents. Le sigh.
  • Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan. My groin's starting to itch just looking at it.
  • BAHAHAHAHAHAHA on cue my mix CD has launched into "Hoochie Mama". All my audio knows me better than I know myself.
  • Everybody's leaving to go to Vegas right before Christmas. Not going. Family vacation, let alone in Vegas, is like taunting Suge Knight. There's a way I spend my time in Vegas, and it ain't got jack shit to do with family. Unless you count mother/daughter. Plus, family vacations always sound more placid in theory and then about 45 minutes into it somebody (say, Mom) is at somebody else's (say, Quay's) throat and the room becomes a cell. Besides, when The Medicore Depression ends in employment and I get back in black I'm going with my friends, who are like family you can ditch without the guilt trips.
  • Poor Rob. You want to talk, I'm here.
  • I hate you, NFL Network.
  • You speak/of signs and wonders/but I need/something other/I would believe/if I was able/but I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table...
  • Why is everybody breaking up BUT Jessica & Cash? And if that Jessica Biel rumor is true, she can expect to swanddive down the fuck ladder on the next go-round.
  • I want to think about doing something for New Year's Eve, but what?
  • The one highlight of my life is the party I'm throwing when the fam is out of town getting such a tremendous response the first week out--I'm already looking at around 15 definites so far. Not only that, a great combination of at least my 3 closest friends, some new friends (my DJ buddy might change his mind about doing some work when he sees my 18 gigs), and some friends I haven't seen in forever. Plus I can neither confirm nor deny rumors John Mayer may show up. It'll be nice to be with everybody who's carried me through this time, have some poker, drinks, good times. Niiiiiiiiiiice!
  • Friendistry? Chemistry? Stupid Joey and her plus one. I need a hook-up, damnit!
  • By the way, about the whole waiting to declare Chapter 11 thing before finding a potential, there's a reason Groin's name isn't Brain.
  • Did I mention I have a wishlist on the sidebar? Done.
  • Funny moment as Danny worried about the Chargers losing to the Aaron Brooks led Raiders going into the 4th quarter. I pointed this out to him, and 2 plays later the pic was in the air. Should also be said Danny's excellent photography, no matter how evil it may make me look, will be at the partay.
  • Scrubs is back tonight after The Office and My Name Is Earl. Waaaaayyyyyyyyyy too excited about this, I am.
  • The more I hear "Baby Got Back", the more I'm convinced a) Sir-Mix-A-Lot was a prophet and b) here's another thing (said song's mentality going out) the white man stole from us.
  • I promise to play "Christmas In Hollis" every hour on the hour until I get too drunk to do so.
  • This is the hardest time of the year anyway. Just got to keep on keepin' on and get to '07. After all, I have a 10-year-reunion to think about and alternate life I'm leading to tell people.
  • Now, does anyone care besides KRS-One?

Brimful Of Asha (Fatboy Slim remix) Cornershop

3 comments:

Rob T said...

I care!

Did you decide which phone you wanted?

Anonymous said...

I intend to be doing somthing down here on new years, i just assumed you were planning it and would tell me where to be.

Oricon Ailin said...

I hope that your party goes really well!! I'm not much of a party person...but I admire those who are. I'm not cool, that's why I have a hard time at parties. I tend to not fit in too well. *sighs*

Oh!! My husband got me "Clerks 2" so, I think I will be watching that tonight! hehehehe

And you swore I wouldn't see it. *winks*

I'll let you know what I think afterwards.

Oh, and Butch, btw, great post. You may not think that people care, but there are many of us who do. It may not mean much to others, but I pray for each of you all the time. It makes me sad to see that you have such hard times. I keep praying for lots of blessings to come your way. *hugs*