3/17/06

Friday O'Barometer

ALBA: V For Vendetta. The first great movie of the Six. Any smart, well-written movie who stirs my anarchial desires and I can sum up the plot with the phrase "overthrow that shit" is going to get my seal of approval any day. Plus, if I don't, Natalie Portman will kill my fucking dog for fun. Word's out on the block's all I'm sayin.

ALBA: I thought the Boondocks was grooving along before with the Cheney shooting, and now that Granpa's found MySpace...good lord, Calvin & Hobbes finally has a worthy successor. That only took a decade, right?

ALBA: Grandma hasn't gotten any worse.

BUSH: She hasn't exactly gotten better.

BUSH: I wish her couch was wider--at 160 pounds and 5'9" I poke over the sides. Makes it a bastard to sleep well.

ALBA: Really like the new T.I. joint, "What You Know".

BUSH: Rihanna. As if the first two songs weren't annoying enough, she's biting Tainted Love now. Anyway we can get her and D4L on the same plane and pull a Skynyrd on that bitch?

ALBA: Payday!

BUSH: Haven't left the house yet today. The new sleeping pattern and working the last 3 days is fucking with my head.

ALBA: I should totally buy the Chappelle's Block Party CD when I do leave.

BUSH: I don't have any set plans for tonight, and for some reason I'm not enormously psyched for Irish Drinking Day. What the hell.

ALBA: 11-5 yesterday on the picks. Lousy Wilmington. Dumbass SDSU.

BUSH: Everybody in the APA pick pool is like at 60% minimum; I haven't been able to break away from the pack yet.

ALBA: The new Kelly Clarkson, "Walk Away". That's right, I said it. Bring it on!

BUSH: My parents couldn't get their hotel & flight deal refunded for the Women's Final Four so I am going to have to watch Grandma for a week while finding some way to celebrate my brother's 18th birthday.

ALBA: I am getting paid commensorate with my work equivalent for having to take that whole week off and not get any bookings.

ALBA: No rent until this thing gets settled, for the first time in a few years.

ALBA: Tax refund! BIGGEST EVER tax refund! You like that, huh?! CAN YOU FEEL IT!? HUH!?!!??!?

ALBA: Portable DVD player? DVD to hook up to the TV? DVD/TV combo? Better digital camera? Cell upgrade? What ever shall I dooooooooooo?

BUSH: Bronchial phlegm that won't go away because I can't take real medicine due to me being up more or less all night long with Grandma? Das not cool.

ALBA: Party tomorrow--well, one of them...

ALBA: Busting out a TRIPLE Running Man with Marco & Madeline at the club last Saturday. I need more friends willing to act out "Tainted Love" with me, and now I have them. EXcellent. (Another reason to love Kelly Clarkson: the Lawnmower totally owns a party.)

ALBA: Anybody really think I wasn't going to pick "Jump Around" for this installment's Throwback pick? Top o' the mornin' to ya.

np: "Like A Stone" by Audioslave

1 comment:

Daniel Womack said...

Boondocks is sweet. Now you have caught the cartoon as well as the comics right? I'll assume that's a yes.
Natalie Portman + V for Vendetta = How could I not?
Dude that sucks. What about getting one of them twin sized airbeds or something? It's gotta be better than a couch. Then again you don't have to deflate and inflate the couch every night.
Hmmm. Gotta get you out of that house more often. I'll free up some funds. If you're available we'll have to hook up some bowling or dinner and a movie (no, I will not go out with you) or something. Hell maybe I'll try to show you why soccer is so great (just watch Arsenal or Chelsea when their hot) and you can try and convince me why basketball is worth more than 0.4 seconds of my time. Freaking Robert Horry.