2/18/06

Fuck KWBR (Or How Your Hero Faced Down His Past, Bitchslapped It And Had It Go In The Kitchen To Make Me A Samich)

Here's some shit I'm writing down before I forget it:

  • Getting a compliment is always going to put an extra spring in your step.
  • Grease on a pizza keeps in the taste.
  • Oh, my heart stopped.
  • There it goes.
  • Waiting in line sucks.
  • Making friends makes up the difference.
  • Rain is the devil.
  • Sometimes, a new club is hyped as the new End All Be All and you complain about standing in the rain and the cover charge and it's not worth shit.
  • This is not one of those times: Stingaree is the best club in the Gaslamp, and by extension, the county. It's bigger than Kirstie Alley, multi-leveled, the rooftop is going to be TEH SHITE come summertime with the Tiki torches and the beds and whatnot, and the DJ is bananas, B A N A N A S.
  • Heineken is good.
  • Self-fulfilling prophecies still happen, as when I came back down from the roof thinking I'm going to run into somebody and then doing so, seeing someone for the first time in almost ten years from EHS. (OLD SCHOOL EASTLAKE REPRASENT!)
  • Having him introduce me to someone else is doing nothing but make you feel drunk when you're barely on drink #2.
  • Having the someone else be the first girl you had a crush on is a MINDFUCK and the only way to even attempt to keep the blood from shooting out of your ears is more Heineken.
  • Heinken: nectar of the Gods.
  • The only way to get over the first girl you ever had a crush on is to bump and grind the shit out of her for about half an hour. Oh, I shouldn't've, probably, but 14-Year-Old Butch was yelling out "REVENGE, MOTHERFUCKER! You do it now or I KEEL YOU SCUM! That's it! That's what I'm fucking talking about!" the whole time. He's a bad influence. Maybe even a Bad Influence.
  • Yeah, I should wrap this up so I have that dream where she uses all that nurse practioning to check my prostate with her mouth. It's an overshare, but I'm drunk. (Charlie Murphy: That's why/I say/FUCK IT.)
  • "Perfect Blue Buildings" from the Counting Crows is a godsend at a moment/post like this.
  • The Running Man is still like Spanish Fly. How did the Running Man ever go away? I swear, every time I bust out the Running Man everybody loses their shit and I get surrounded with people yelling "Go, go, go, go!" like Common's in the house or something. Can I get a ruling on this?
  • Being drunk is still great.
  • Bumping and grinding is still great.
  • Old school--especially "WHOOMP! (There It Is)"--oh, you guessed it--still great.
  • Work in 11-odd hours should be interesting.
  • So should the party tomorrow night after your shift ends. 4 parties in 9 days.
  • YOU ARE AWESOME. Stop doubting it. (This applies to every one of my friends, but is mostly here as a reminder to me.)
  • SATURDAY MORNING ADDENDUM: Of course she's on MySpace. I mean, seriously.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
READY TO RUN:

"Stay Fly" (4)
"King Without A Crown" (10)
"Unconditional" (12)
"Trap Star" (15)

15) Bubba Sparxxx feat. Ying Yang Twins ¤ Ms. New Booty (debut)
14) Juelz Santana ¤ There It Go [The Whistle Song] (6)
13) Coldplay ¤ Talk (debut)
12) Fall Out Boy ¤ Dance, Dance (11)
11) MC Lars feat. the Matches ¤ Hot Topic Is Not Punk Rock (debut)

10) Juvenile ¤ Rodeo (13)*
9) Dem Franchize Boyz feat. Jermaine Dupri, Da Brat & Bow Wow ¤ I Think They Like Me [remix] (8)
8) Young Jeezy ¤ My Hood (9)*
7) Chamillionaire feat. Lil' Flip ¤ Turn It Up (2)
6) T-Pain feat. Mike Jones ¤ I'm N Luv With A Stripper (7)

5) Ne-Yo ¤ So Sick (14)*
4) Kanye West ¤ Touch The Sky (debut)*

3) Franz Ferdinand ¤ The Fallen (5)*

2) the White Stripes ¤ The Denial Twist (1)

1) the All-American Rejects ¤ Move Along (3) {2w}

np: "And Then What" by Young Jeezy feat. Mannie Fresh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So who was she?