1/13/05

Jim Lovell To Mission Control

Y'know, I'm trying to ease off on being the five billionth rate Chris Rock, but then something like tonight happens and the only logical response is What the fuck is WRONG with you bitches?!

Anyway, after Ivan didn't want to go out, I called Sophia for the fiftyleventh time this week. Our schedules have been with our off days with the other working so it's been hell. Of course, got the machine. But after a bit she called me back. So things are going fine, and as I am doing with people, inviting them to my birthday party in a couple weekends. We're having a perfectly status quo convo until she asks who all is coming. And one of the names is Cristal.

Some of you are throwing things at your monitor right now. Screw you. We still get along, we're still friends, we were the poster children of Good Wholesome American Fun during our little bit together and I don't want to get back together with her, so it was only natural. Hell, I've invited all my other friends from work that'll come except the poor security bastards that're probably working. You can tell I'm very laissez-faire about this. Sophie hits the ceiling, and gets into this whole how'd-you-feel-if-I-invited-my-ex thing and I'm trying to explain to her just because your last boyfriend was a jackass doesn't mean you need to crucify me for his sins, and then she got pissed Cristal got an invite before she did.

Anybody else think it mattered Cristal was there when I got the idea and I wanted to tell Sophia over the phone voice-to-voice instead of the voicemail? Yeah, I didn't think so. Anyway, things got snippy, and she hung up on me. I almost called her right back but I've decided to hold off because I might say something I would regret. Like the fact she's wrong and I know it. So I'll just call her in a couple days--right after Action Sports on the comeback the next three days. Good thing she's not coming to that, she'd swear I'm cheating on her with some hot piece of ass or another. Fucking hell.

In the immortal words of John F. Kennedy at his inauguration, Fuck around and made her milkbox material--you feel me? Suck a dick, running your lips, 'cause of you I'm on some real fuck a bitch shit...

Ambient music: Xzibit - Hey Now (Mean Muggin')

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's fucked up. But wait a damned minute: Cristal isn't an asshole, didn't cheat on you, it's been almost a year since, you don't want to get back together, you guys are still friends (which is a foreign concept to me), and you work together. What's next, she'll want you to quit your job cause Cristal gets all of 12 hours a week and you two might talk?! Brotha gotta check this bitch. -Aaron

Anonymous said...

Consider this a sign my friend, she could have some true affection for you. Either that or after the jackass boyfriend she is having some jealousy/control issues of her own. I will have to gather information and give you a full report. This means, where's my invite?
Joanna (your HMO)

Matt said...

"and I'm trying to explain to her just because your last boyfriend was a jackass doesn't mean you need to crucify me for his sins"

*smacks forehead*

We should have seen this coming.

You're Rebound Guy. And what you said is EXACTLY what's happening. Having been Rebound Guy myself, here's my piddling advice:

Everything you do in these first few weeks or so, she's going to compare it to her last guy. There's no escaping it or explaining it. And we do it, too. It's just how things go down.

Play this cool; let *her* do all the flipping out. Then just stick to your guns. It's your party, damn it, not hers. She'll like you more if you don't fold like a 72o. Shows you've got some backbone.

Otherwise, the only thing you'll be getting for your birthday are Doug Christie jerseys. And nobody here wants that.

;)