2/10/04

Clearer

So no Roots and I don't care.

She got a new job (something akin to permasubstitute and don't think about that term too long or blood'll shoot out your nose) the day after our...thing, that makes her get up at 5 weekdays. I have been there and it suuuuuuuucks. That explains Friday, as she got in around 4, crashed around 4:05, and woke up at quarter until midnight. Oh, and hey, guess which dumbass forgot to give her his phone number and still kept calling every few days?

I blame the Republicans.

But anyway, we had a good talk again today. I've determined the longer I stay on a phone with a girl is in direct proportion to my interest. 50 minutes means great interest. 5 minutes means friends. 20 seconds means telemarketer.

I'll bring her some stuff Saturday as I come off and she comes on. Nothing too fancy. Couple roses, peanut butter cup hearts, Al Green's Greatest Hits. I guess I can chase those N*E*R*D/Black Eyed Peas tix next month in earnest now. ($23?! Yeah, I'm in for sure now) I think I'm getting a thing for Fergie, too. Anyways, we're both off Sunday & Monday so maybe I'll coerce her into doing something and going somewhere then.

So what the hell am I gonna do V-Day? I can't do the "get drunk pig out and watch High Fidelity" gloom and doom but I also can't quite negotiate the "wookin por nub", either. Hm.

Currently playing: the Propellerheads feat. Shirley Bassey's "History Repeating"

No comments: