9/8/03

Getting A Last Piece Of The Action, Making The Scene, And Other Things This Heathen Did Sunday That Didn't Involve Football

IN: Loose morals
OUT: Bible thumpers
IN: Skateboards
OUT: Canes
IN: Tight pants
OUT: Panties
VERY IN: Panties out of tight pants
IN: Black
OUT: Bright colors less pink on girls
IN: Mesh hats
IN: Girls you want to take over the kitchen counter
OUT: Girls you want to take home to Mom
IN: Self-promotion
OUT: Dignity
IN: Stickers
OUT: $20 per removal
IN: Starbucks
OUT: Starbucks. (It's like the ElimiDate of franchises. You know you shouldn't, but every day at the same time, you think to yourself, well, what the hell.)
IN: ex-Juggy twins
OUT: Coors twins
IN: Matching outfits
IN: Matching outfits
IN: For real, nigga, matching outfits
IN: Free panties
OUT: Free blowjobs, no matter how fast a spin you put on it
VERY IN: The idea of going from hot girl to hot girl seeing who fits the panties, and making her queen. I almost wrote down cream! Why IS that?
ALWAYS IN: hot girls giving me free shirts my size. BUJ WAH.
IN: for their return in January
OUT: most of the boring-ass conferences before then.

Huzzah, Action Sports.

So right after work I cross the street and hit the big music festival/street fair/psuedo-hippie collective. Catch the tail end of Macy Gray. She was cool, good cover of "Come Together". Ran into Jessica, late of DustinandJessica from the Liz Story or the Spring Break story for the first time in years. People used to exchange phone numbers: she got my AIM, e-m, and THIS joint, and I her e-m. That provides a good segue since I ran two blocks from Gray to catch Bad Religion, who DID NOT PLAY "21st Century Digital Boy". Bastids. Anyway, it was pretty fun watching the mosh pit and being the only black guy there until "Stranger Than Fiction". I'm still trying to figure out how there were so many hot chicks at Bad Freaking Religion; this blonde in front of me looked exactly like Buffy Summers. And no, I didn't mean to say Sarah Michelle Gellar there: BUFFY.

But those were merely the side dishes I plowed through in order to devour the porterhouse: my favorite band in the world (again, now that tATu has sadly broken up), R.E.M. Setlist for fellow diStiples:

Finest Worksong
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Drive
Animal (new; about a 7, "Ticket To Ride"ish)
The Great Beyond *--NEVER thought they'd play this but huzzah to them for doing so
Honorable
Bad Day (new; 9, Anti Bush II, repeats "tired of being jerked around"...of course, the Kindler/Leno-Letterman Theory...)
The One I Love (and people WEREN'T kissing! I feel ripped off.)
Daysleeper*
Driver 8

Orange Crush
[stumped! curses]
Losing My Religion (the big en-masse singalong of the night)
Find The River
Electrolite*
She Just Wants
Walk Unafraid
Man On The Moon

The Entirely Surprising OK Not Really Encore
Everybody Hurts
Imitation Of Life
Nightswimming
Get Up-->It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

1a concert (P-Funk, four hours, the cops shut it down.) Happy Robotolla talked me into flying solo to go. Now to catch the Prahm Tahm rerun since I got off work early.


No comments: